Monday, October 27, 2014

Sweet Stamps-Spooky

The challenge at Sweet Stamps for this week is 'Spooky'. I love Halloween and had fun making a card using the Technique Junkies technique called Acetate Resist.

 Ohhhhh- this is created on an acetate sheet cut and folded into a card. The color is done with Alcohol inks. I stamped the images from the Halloween Silhouettes stamp set in Black on the outside of the card. The swirls are done using the Flourishes images from Sweet Stamps.I added cardstock inside and it is anchored down with the black fiber I added at the top.

Spooky enough?  I had a blast- come join us for the challenge!

Products I used from the Sweet Stamps Store:

 We have a weekly challenge and a monthly technique challenge. The monthly challenge 10/15-11/14 is Box Cards. Our winners are chosen by Random.org- and if you use a Sweet Stamps image, your entry will count x's 2!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

9 comments:

Pamellia said...

Oh my gosh Shelly, this is fantastic! I love the result you got from the acetate technique, think I will have to give that a go! I love all the black against that fabulous background, what an amazing Halloween make! hugs :)

Lynn McAuley said...

What an awesome background for these fabulously fun Halloween silhouettes! Wonderful work, Shelly!

*Vicki* said...

Love the colors in your background Shelly! Very spooky scene! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Penny said...

Really fun card--love the fab b/g you created! The silhouette stamping pops against it! Love your embellies, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love how the colors swirl in your background and the green "Beware" on the sign really pops.

Donna K said...

This is great! How fun is that background with those images?! I love the fiber too...great spooky creation, Shelly!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is amazing! That background is so awesome!!!

Denise said...

I just love this card and it is reaaallly Spoooky!!! Lol. I just love the technique you used and using the fiber to bring everything together what a lovely way to do!
So Amazing!!

Roxie said...

Beautiful background Shelly, alcohol inks are so much fun to play with and always a nice surprise in the end results. Nice use of the Halloween set.