Thursday, August 14, 2014

Sweet Stamps- Double Side Step Card

Our Monthly Technique challenge at Sweet Stamps from 8/15-9/14 is a double side step card.This is the first time I have done this- and I found the measurements HERE. Thanks for sharing Patricia!


 I tried to stay away from my usual Pink/Blue combination : )  I used Bo Bunny DP- I happened upon a post where a gentleman was talking about Flander's Field.  We have a relative buried there, so I thought I would go with a 'Poppy' theme for my card today.

The beautiful Poppy image was colored with Copics:
'0' , C1, C2, C3, C5, C7
Y21, Y23, YR04, YR15, YR16, YR18, E19
G43, G46
Silver rhinestones were colored with YR18
Wink of Stella was added to the centers of the flowers and to the tiny yellow blossoms.

Products I used from the Sweet Stamps Store:



We have a weekly challenge and a monthly technique challenge.  Our winners are chosen by Random.org- and if you use a Sweet Stamps image, your entry will count x's 2! Please stop by the Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog to see what the other designers have created!

Sweet Stamps has a Pintrest board HERE

Sweet Stamps has a Facebook group HERE

Challenges:
Crafty Creations- Flower Power
Paper Shelter- Punches and Dies
Through the Craftroom Door- AG
Craft Your Passion- Add some Yellow
Crafty Cardmakers- Fancy Folds

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is stunning - so regal and love the deep red poppy and gold combination.
Blessings
Maxine

Dr Sonia S V said...

It looks so elegant and beautiful . Even I have not made this type of card-- Thank you for sharing the link Shelly

Sandi said...

This is such a lovely step card. Love what you did with all the embellishments and the coloring.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
Huggs
Sandi

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful Shelly!! Your papers match the flowers perfectly!! These style of cards are so fun to make! :)

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Shelly! Love the colors and all your wonderful embellishments!

Penny said...

Wow, what a cool design! Love it! You chose such gorgeous papers and color palette! And your image is beautiful, wonderfully colored, and perfectly embellished--you know how I love die cuts, lol! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a terrific weekend!

Anne Temple said...

This is stunning! Love everything about it!

Josephine said...

This is absolutely beautiful - the colours are so rich!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I've never seen this fold before but you nailed it! It's so intricate and lovely looking. Awesome way to showcase the beautiful image and paper. Thanks for playing along with our Bring Me Sunshine challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is an absolutely gorgeous card!!!

Lin said...

This is beautifully Shelly. The image goes so beautifully with the background papers, and it's a fabulous design for our fancy folds challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is lovely. I'd like to try this style of card. Love the poppies. I did an acrylic painting of poppies.

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Shelly, you always have such wonderful cards and techinques...I'm so grateful you share with us....Beautiful card!!!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

This is a wonderful card, love this shape! Thanks so much for playing along at The Paper Shelter this week! Susan x