Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Burlap ATC swap

Before I left for Asia, I joined an ATC swap at RubberStamp Chat for Burlap ATC's.

 Inspired by a recycling cardboard segment on Creative Jumpstart 2014, I made these flowers and decided to use them for this ATC swap. I made grass and leaves with painted Burlap- which I learned from the Technique Junkies. The sentiment is Rogue Redhead. I added Stickles on the flowers and all around the edge of the ATC.

 I did NOT exchange this ATC, but wanted to try this technique from the segment as well...
 This one would have been too time consuming to make 9 of while I was trying to pack and get everything else done! But I love the look of this!

Here are the ATC's I recieved in return:
On the Lt- ATC by Pat H aka CritterPortrait on RSC
On the Rt, ATC by Jaimie S

 On the Lt- ATC by Alsmouse - the background is a beautiful metallic shimmer using Tattered Angels
On the Rt- CGStamper

 On the top- this one is not signed : ( but I will edit if I find out who made it.
On the bottom- Pat Hanbery #2  looks like painted burlap but using a stamp : )

On the Top- Diane M  'Burlap Catnap'
On the Bottom- ATC by Sheila-Rose aka Yankee 'One Eyed'

And a shimmery floral ATc from the hostess Deb Lovett.

I love the fact that I knew I would be receiving some really fun mail when I got home from traveling!

Hope you have been inspired!
 Shelly

17 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the use of burlap on these - and those flowers of yours look amazing - I think I may be able to figure them out.... one day.
Blessings
Maxine

PetraB said...

Your atc's look fabulous and such fun the ones you received.

MiamiKel said...

Wow what a fun and talented group of ladies, yourself included! Brilliant use of color, Shel!

I do hope you are all caught up in this time zone! I was up for days when we returned from Europe! Xoxo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your burlap. Your roses are so pretty. Amazing ATC's that you received. You must have a large book filled by now.

Donna said...

Oh how fun! I don't often use mixed media but these are really impressive. Great flowers Shelly. And love your vibrant colors!

Stef H said...

i am speechless! absolutely gorgeous. you are one very talented lady... and a world traveler to boot. now i'm also jealous! just kidding. all these creations are absolutely gorgeous!

hugs :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my, Shelly! I love those burlap flowers!

Leanne said...

Hi Shelley!
I'm back blogging & hope to vist you more often now that I found your blog & linked it onto my blog sidebar. Love your ATC's & the recycling involved. The burlap looks fabulous on it.
Leanne

Anne Temple said...

Love the use of the burlap and the second one is so cool. You and your friends are very talented.

Terry said...

Love your burlap grass! That is so cool and love those flowers! So much detail for a tiny space!

Michele said...

all are just stunningly pretty! xo

Amy E said...

What a gorgeous ATC you made Shelly!! I've never heard of coloring the burlap yourself...I just assumed you had to buy it that way! Thanks for sharing all the other cards you received as well. I think I'm inspired to go out and get some burlap now!

I wanted to stop by and give a tremendous THANK YOU for your sweet comments on my blog last week during the MFP blog hop. The sweet words make blogging and crafting that much more fun!!

Amy E.
Scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Penny said...

Love the dimension on this, Shelly! Love all the texture, too! The flowers look great against the embossed bg! And your second one is also just fabulous, though I have no idea how you accomplished it, lol! :^)
You received some really cool ATC's in return.
Hugs, Penny

Carol W said...

Wow, these are great. You are so creative and I love how you use so many new techniques...great job.

Shirley said...

Hi Shelly, Your two cards are outstanding. I've never seen that done before with cardboard and the leaves and grass are great too. Lovely! The cards you received are wonderful too! TFS

Denise said...

Lovely card I have nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award!
Check out my blog for details when you get time.
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/blog-award.html
Crafty Hugs

Donna K said...

Wow!!! Amazing fun with these talented ladies!! Love your creation with those gorgeous roses. The ones you received are awesome as well. Too fun.