Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oriental Stamp Artists Sketch Challenge #195

I made a quick card for the OSA (that is a Yahoo group) Sketch challenge #195.  

  I had this Pulled Color background (learned it in a Technique Junkies newsletter). I used an image from a collage sheet and Washi paper from Art Neko.  I outlined the image and each border sheet with a line of Sakura Gelly Roll pen for shimmer.

CAS for me, isn't it???

I am slow at getting to blogs last week and this week- thanks for your patience- I have next week off and will be 'catching up' then!  My Mom went home from the hospital on Sunday and is on the mend- thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers : )

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

14 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shelly - this is fabulous - it has a real Asian feel to it.
Blessings
Maxine

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the fab image and great colours.xxx

Penny said...

So glad to hear your mom is doing better! :^)
Another wonderful oriental piece from you--love all those papers, and the image is really cool! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Anne Temple said...

This is stunning! Love the colors and it's amazing how a little thing like outlining with a Sakura pen gives such a pop to the card. Glad to hear your mom is getting better.

jimlynn said...

Sensational!!!!
So glad you're mom is on the road to recovery too!
Lynn

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the look of your background.

Tracey said...

Wonderful oriental card Shelly (I haven't made one for ages & now I feel inspired :D)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Terry said...

Beautiful Asian themed card! As always the design and colors are perfect! Glad your mom is on the mend!!! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful background and it works so perfectly with the Asian theme.
Wishes
Lynne

Renee said...

Simply beautiful! I'm not sure I could do this because I'm stuck in such a box but I really admire how you can!

Marilyn said...

Pretty card Shelly and I like that image. That paper is gorgeous... it looks like cloth.

NanaConnie said...

I'm not usually into Oriental but this is magical, Shelly! Love the image and the papers are such perfect choices. Magnificent.

MiamiKel said...

Oh Shelly, this is a vision!! What a stunning card creation! My daughter has an upcoming Opera and I made her a asian inspired card but yours sure takes the prize!! x0x0

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly! Love that background paper and your image is wonderful! So glad your Mom is on the mend. I'll keep her in my prayers! Have a wonderful week.