Sunday, October 14, 2012

Cranes mingle for OSA

 I joined a Yahoo Group called Oriental Stamp Art- I am finding it to be an active board with alot of inspiration, tons of mingles and swaps.......  I joined a Mingle for a card with two or more Cranes images a few weeks ago- my partner should have rec'd my card by now, so I thought I would post it today.
   I let the Washi paper dictate the color of the card....you know I love pink.....  The Wedding Cranes image is by Art Neko (and is on sale for just $1.00 currently.......).  The sentiment is from SU Kanji.
   I colored the image with Copics. The cranes are stamped twice- I fussy cut them out and added shimmer with a Sakura Gelly roll pen. I added some texture with an embossing folder, and took out a stippled pink UFO that is very shimmery and added that under the image, added a piece from the MS punch and under the sentiment. There is a gold shimmery threads in the Washi paper too.

 This is the Crane Mingle I received from Chris B:
 I love this cool image and as always- have no clue what the sentiment means...... : )

  The Crane is legendary in China for being the prince of all feathered creature on earth. Next to the Phoenix , the Crane is the most favored all Chinese bird symbols. The Crane is the ancient symbol for longevity because of its exceptionally long life span. In many legends, the spirits ride on cranes, which are also said to bear the souls of the departed to the heaven.

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is fabulous Shelly... gorgeous! I really like the pink and the image.

Renee said...

Beautiful! I'm always so excited when I see all the different things you've posted!

jimlynn said...

Shelly, it's AWESOME!!! Love all the pink and the way you used the washi paper. So pretty.
The one your friend sent is beautiful too!
Lynn

Anne said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! So detailed! Beautiful! Bravo!

Margaret said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous. I love the image and your whole card is just beautiful. The paper is lovely and your coloring and layout are amazing. Great job. I just love the whole thing.

Juliet A said...

This is stunning, and an unusual color for an oriental card (but a very popular color this month!). The crane stamp is gorgeous, and the fussy-cutting is a marvelous detail.

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your pink Crane card, Shelly, and the yellow one you received is pretty too.
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

What a lovely card, from both you and your swap partner. My son is into all things Japanese and hopes to one day visit there. Perhaps I should start sending him cards with lovely images like these. Great job! Have a wonderful week!

Anne Temple said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the colors you used.

MiamiKel said...

WOW! Shelly they are going to adore these in the group! Your affinity and love for Chinese is so evident in these gorgeous duo of cards - love the detail and the bright bold colors. Fab-u-lous!!

Btw, my daughter is in an Opera called the Mikado and it's about a Chinese family - a comedy/drama and she is one of the leads. I'm going to have to remember your card when making a card for her! x0x0

Penny said...

Fascinating tidbit on the crane--TFS! Love your card--it is so pretty; love the design, the colors, coloring, and all of your elements! The card you got in return is also very nice--but yours is a star! :^)
Hugs, Penny