Sunday, February 9, 2014

Technique Fun and my trip!

I have just returned from Asia - I had a two week visit with my daughter Katie. While I was gone, the new Technique Junkies newsletter was released- so many fun new techniques!  


This background was made using the Smooshed Ink Blocks technique- I used the same colors in the background as I used in coloring the image. The stamps are from the Technique Junkies line.


Here are a few pictures from my trip:
It is Chinese New Year in China- I went to Hong Kong to meet Katie:
A money tree in a mall in Hong Kong

Visiting Victoria Peak- yep- wearing shorts......

We went to Angkor Wat- Temple in Siem Reap, Cambodia

then, we visited a Floating Village S.E. of town:
It is a fishing village- and in the 'wet season' the water swells and is up to the top of the stilts under the houses. These ladies (above) are cleaning clams they have caught.

 Need any vegetables??? Floating market...


 It is a fishing village, but we saw some farmers too- on the way back to town.

Next, we headed to Thailand- went to a beach at Koh Samet, then to Bangkok.
And the pics from Bangkok are still on my camera......  I have my days and nights mixed up..... but I am off work for a few more days, so back to reality!

Challenges for my card:
ABC Challenge- E is for embellish- use at least three- rhinestones, ribbon and stitching
Cards Galore- added Rhinestones for Bling
Dreamtime Designs- use a new Technique
Feeling Crafty- Use a die

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

15 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful card with wonderful wording. A gorgeous photo journal.
{I would love you to take part in my 800 Follower Give-away where everyone is a winner who enters. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Anonymous said...

This is simply so very pretty!
Thank you for sharing the photographs from your trip - it look so amazing.
Wishes
Lynne

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly this is a gorgeous card - love the background and the image is beautitful - love how you have used the green card for the die cut too.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh Shelly, those pictures - including you and your precious baby girl - are absolutely stunning! What a dream come true to see such incredible country and people. I'm in awe of the vivid colors in your photographs, God's blessing on a country that probably needs so much and yet they do with so little. Gorgeous, my friend. LOVE your card as well - fun-tastic technique!

Welcome home! <3

:: BlueInks :: said...

Shelly, what a great trip you must have had. I love looking at the pictures. Thanks, for sharing.

Anne Temple said...

Your card is beautiful and great color choices. Love seeing your photos of your visit too.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Shelly! I loved seeing pictures from your trip. FUN! And your card is beautiful!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is beautiful. You did such a lovely job with this technique. You made such an elegant card. Thank you for sharing all the photos from your trip. I've been enjoying them. The floating market was pretty cool to see.

Terry said...

Totally lovely card and what a great sentiment to go with that sweet image! I did enjoy your photos on FB and can only imagine what a wonderful trip it was. I had planned on seeing my DD all the way up in Portland OR, but the weather was crazy there and had to cancel! Soon though! Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the stitched edge and the gorgeous bow. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Add A Gem, Glitter etc Challenge #2 and Good Luck!

Shirley said...

Your BG is perfect for your image! Love the technique and the bow too! Now about your trip!! Fantastic and TFS, Shelly!

Donna K said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Shelly! I am in awe of your vacation photos…how wonderful that you could share that adventure with your lovely daughter. Thanks for letting us join you via photos…how wonderful!

Penny said...

Love the die cuts, background, and color palette on this pretty design! Also love the stitching! :^)
And what a marvelous trip you must have had! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Mojca said...

oh what a gorgeous card. thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures, what a lovely place to go...Love your card, the image is so beautiful, many thanks for joining us at Feeling Crafty this month, best of luck hun xxx