This month, my ATC group decided to try something new- we altered paintbrushes. I made three all together and traded two of them.
I used Pink and Green paints after the brush was prepped (which is I will show below). I would paint on a color and use a spritz bottle and let the color thin out and run. I also used some modeling paste and a stencil to add some texture on the handle.
The mushrooms image is Unity, the gnomes are Gerda Steiner for the Monthly Progressive challenge. I think these 2 images are perfect together : )
On to Paintbrush #2
The Birdcage is Prima, and it is paintedsilver metallic. The birds are from a die as is the branch, and the flowers- from my stash. The ribbon is all hand-dyed from.....I have to check that. I used alot of stickles on this brush. The bottom of the brush- the bristles are covered with paint and stickles as well- so it very shimmery.
This brush was claimed by my mother : )
The brushes are 3" and were purchased at the dollar tree. I did sand the handles lightly just to make sure the paint would adhere over the varnish.
This is a picture of all of the group brushes- we all exchanged one- my mom exchanged one of mine, so I traded the first two.
Gerda Steiner Progressive Freebie April
Thanks for stopping by!