Sunday, February 25, 2018

Something to Celebrate

 I need *many* cards for family birthdays- something to celebrate!  I enjoyed creating a floral card using a new stamp from Gina K Designs.


 I had fun a week ago at a Scrapbook retreat making backgrounds with Distress Oxide Inks.  I made this to put a floral image on- thinking specifically of this Gina K image. I colored with Copics and fussy cut out the image. I added some dimension by curling the leaves with a quilling pointy tool I have.  A couple of the blooms are up on dimensionals.
 The sentiment is stamped and black embossed. I also stamped a Happy Birthday on the inside. I just love using the Distress Oxide inks- they blend so beautifully!

Challenges:
Stamping Sensations- Flower as center of attention
Sweet Stampin- Spring Has Sprung

Just Us Girls-color challenge

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Beautiful card Shelly and great background. Sounds like it was a well worth retreat.

brenda said...

How very pretty in the warm hues of pink and yellow, many thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

froebelsternchen said...

A beautiful card Shelly! Happy new week!

Viv said...

Very pretty background you created with the inks to complement your lovely floral focal point.Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So pretty. You did a nice job with your Oxide bg. Your stamp is very pretty and coloured up so well. You did a wonderful job fussy cutting.

Dora said...

beautiful made.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Donna said...

What a gorgeous background. The more I see of the distress oxides the more I am drooling over them. I love the Gina K image too. That fun little trip netted you some new stamps? Awesome!

Lynn McAuley said...

Your distress oxide background looks sensational with these gorgeous spring flowers, Shelly!!

Lisa Kind said...

Your card is so pretty! Love how our JUGs colors inspired you! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!