Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sweet Stamps- Technique- Parchment crafting

We are on the last week of Christmas in July at SweetStamps.com and our focus is on Parchment Stamping.

 I created using Silver Bells : )  If you start singing Silver Bells it will make me smile : )  I stamped the image Bells with Bow onto Parchment Vellum.  First, use an antistatic pad!  Using embossing ink, I achieved this twinkle using Ivory Fantasy EP.
 I fussy cut out the Silver Bells. I colored in the back and a tiny bit on the front of the Vellum with Copic (Sketch) markers. I added some piercing and I embossed from behind on the round bell portion and added Sakura Gelly Roll pen so it would really sparkle.
 I embossed the image Scroll Scissors Frame (also) using Ivory Fantasy EP. I fussy cut the edge of the image and also cut out the oval from the inside. I added dots of G18 Copic (Sketch) marker on the dots around the edges. I popped up the red layer on dimensionals, I had red cardstock behind the oval, but decided to soften the look by adding (Parchment) Vellum on it.
 Finally, I embossed Merry Christmas and added it to the front of the card. I layered the red top layer over a Metallic Silver cardstock (from SU), then an Ivory shimmery cardstock from Paper Temptress.

Other supplies:
Antistatic pad
Ranger Embossing Ink
Copic Sketch Markers
Piercing tool
Piercing mat
Stylus tools (I used the largest end/size in the set)

We hope you will JOIN us in the challenge!!!  HERE is the Challenge Blog.  HERE is the SweetStamps video showing how easy Parchment is- such a beautiful look!

***HERE is a link for the clearance section at Sweet Stamps- Stamps and Dies on sale : )

Challenges:
Christmas Cards all Year Long- Dots (Green) and Stripes (in the bell)
Amusing Challenge- AG
Christmas Card Challenges- AG
Glitter Sparkle- Something with a B= Bells + Bow
52 Christmas Card Throwdown- Emboss on Vellum
Simon Says Stamp- Sparkle and Shine
Word Art Wednesdays- Family Friendly

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

31 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Shelly this is amazing - love the rich red you have there, and those bells are beautiful!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Shelly, Look at all the Christmas cards you have done already. Your so ahead of the game! An inspiration to us all.
Great parchment art its so beautiful!.
Hugs Lynn

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Shellyl, a lovely design and scrumptious colours scheme - the bells on parchment are just beautiful!!!

hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

Dorothy S said...

What a lovely card - so pretty with parchment. Thanks for visiting my blog. In the RV, I just take over the (dining) table and nearby cupboards - plus added Iris carts!We are slowly changing to being homeowners again, and I do have a craft room in our house.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah Shelley love Vellum, can't beat it for subtle elegant beauty well done, my dear... And thanks for the link too, had fun looking at sale which was eye candy.. Hard to believe your prices.
....thanks for popping over, Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – Calligraphy Cards}

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Shelly! I just love the look of the vellum, it makes the bells look so elegant! Beautiful background, so fancy! A truly stunning holiday card! hugs :)

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, this is beautiful Shelly! I love all the fun extras you did! The bells look just amazing and love the touch of embossing and the coloring in! Gorgeous Christmas card!

Hope you have a great week and it's not to hot in Chicago! It is suppose to be in the mid 80's here with high humidity! It's the humidity that gets me. Thank goodness we can enjoy Lake Superior on the hot days~feels great!!
I can't believe August is just about here. When did that happen? Before we know it the snow will be flying, lol!
Sherrie K

*Vicki* said...

WOWZER!! This is really elegant looking!! Love the bells on the parchment too! Gorgeous work my friend! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so elegant and gorgeous!! The bells look amazing!! I love the entire design and all of the fabulous details!! What a stunning card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

WOW this is gorgeous Shelly! I love the beautiful bells and that stunning frame, such an elegant Christmas card!
Hugs, Tammy

Laura said...

What a great idea to start thinking Christmas! I love your gorgeous silver bells card!! It is so elegant! Love the layout! You did a fantastic job of fussy cutting, embossing and piercing the bells! Thanks for sharing!

Ginny Maxam said...

Wow, what a beautiful card!!!! So Shelly!!
Hugs,
Ginny!

Penny said...

Well, start smiling, because Silver Bells is running through my head now. Doesn't quite fit with the weather we are having in the desert. But it does fit with that stunning card you made! I love everything about it! It is such a fantastic design, beautiful palette, and elegant details! :^)
Have a great week!
Hugs, Penny

Donna said...

Shelly, this is gorgeous! I love the layout and all the detail. Someone will fall in love with this one at Christmas time. Have a wonderful week!

Darlene said...

Just gorgeous Shelly! Hope you're doing well and handling this super HOT week! Thank goodness for A/C! LOL! Hugs from Ohio!

Melissa Bove said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the pretty bells and entire design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Unknown said...

This card is just too pretty to give away. I love it.

NanaConnie said...

Oooo, I'm loving the silver bells stamped on parchment, Shelly! (Yes, I'm singing it.) Great color combo for Christmas.

froebelsternchen said...

What a beautiful card Shelly!

Lynn McAuley said...

Your vellum bells are gorgeous, Shelly! What a wonderful holiday card!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, Thank you for entering it for the Glitter n Sparkle Challenge blog x Lisa x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great use of the vellum. I find your card so professional and elegant.

Terry said...

Oh I love the red colors! This is so delicate looking and what a great Christmas card for someone! Happy Weekend!

Joan Ervin said...

This is absolutely stunning, Shelly...sooo elegant with the embossing on vellum!!! You have inspired me to dig out my Christmas stamps!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow totally love it.

Great work.

Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Tracey DTxx

Deborah Frings said...

Stunning! I love the bold red and the silver bells are just gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Michele said...

so gorgeous! vellum is fantastic. I love the pink and red. xo

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love the red and silver.

Unknown said...

I'm loving all the vellum embossing along with the combination with the burgandy colorways. this is such an elegant looking card.

Tania said...

Wow! That is so elegant.