Monday, September 5, 2011

Bloggers Challenge- Monochromatic Blues-and some Porcelain Painting

 A quick note- the Dude Time Doodles Blog Hop/Scavenger Hunt ends tomorrow- lots of prizes- I have a $10.00 gift certificate up for grabs- LINK HERE.

This week, our Bloggers's Challenge 'MOM' Lisa  set the theme as Monochromatic Blues.  I am not home and was going to not participate this week- but....... I came across some creative 'stuff, and could not resist.....so, with Limited Supplies, I put together a couple of cards.
  I used Water Color Markers and used an aquabrush and spritz of alcohol over the top for the background, then stamped in black Stazon. I also found a Sakura Gelly Roll pen, so added some shimmer to the card.  Then I found a stash of punched edges I had sent a while ago, so cut one in half and used it on the edges.  The stamp is a UFO- it has no manufacturer name on it anywhere.
  Then I came across this stamp with a row of hanging hearts- well, I saw a challenge at 365 for 5 bows and 5 buttons on a card.....the row of hanging hearts has 5 bows.....yippee.....
 The image is by Inkadinkado. I colored this using SU markers and the Aquabrush. The larger hearts are up on dimensionals and the smaller ones have Crystal Laquer applied. I used the Sakura Gelly Pen added to the bows and strings.  Oh, I had a glorius time going thru not one, but two button boxes.....!

To join in with the Bloggers Challenge- see Lisa's blog AND add your card to Mr Linky below.

Card Challenges:
 Bloggers Challenge- Monochromatic Blues
 Crafty Catz- Monochromatic
Christmas Cards all Year Long- everything must be > 1 yr old; all from Mom's stash, all > 1 yr old

365 Cards- Challenge 182- use 5 buttons and 5 bows
Pile it on- B is for.....buttons and bows

I wanted to show a small sampling of my Mother's Porcelain painting...I am in droolsville here in her studio.....! I want, I want.....LOL
 This is a 2011 ornament - it comes in a few different scenes- I want......
 This gorgeous vase is going to be gold at the bottom, and there will be a lattice gold inside the rim- I want this too.........
  This is from a class Mom took with a teacher Rose Borges studying black and white with enhancements....
 This plate was painted freehand by Mom- it is not for any of us- no matter how much we beg....LOL

   The Egret is part of a series of three Mom is making....I love this- the colors are fabulous IRL!  Inspired by artist M Filipe Pereira who uses straight color with a large brush when painting. I know the black is a pain to apply- but I love the look of this....  (I want.....)........ It is all about the timing- you have to come visit when it has just been finished in order to end taking this home.....or, when asked what you want for Christmas, tell her a beautiful plate with an Egrit......LOL

Below is the linky for the Bloggers Challenge Monochromatic Blues




Have a safe Holiday weekend!
Shelly

15 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Wow - both your cards are great. And your mom is so talented. What beautiful artwork she creates. The apple certainly doesn't fall far from the tree. Now I know where your talent comes from. Enjoy!

Terry said...

Shelly, fabulous cards and on a limited supply??? Like mother, like daughter! Beautiful paintings by your mom! Thank you for sharing!

carol said...

super card, thanks for joining CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

jimlynn said...

Shelly, your cards are so lovely. Really like that first one! Fantastic coloring.
Your mother is a true artist!!! Gorgeous. Now I know where you get your fabulous talent. If she won't give any of those items to you - tell her to send them to ME! They're beautiful works of art.
Lynn

Juliet A said...

Your mom is very talented!

I really like your buttons and bows card. It is so different from what I usually see from you, too - I had to double check whose blog I was reading!

Curly said...

Oh wow this is so very pretty, fabulous colour theme
I love the papers and the image is adorable its just perfect for our Challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge #99 Monochromatic

I hope you can join us again next week

I have some new Calorie free candy if you are interested

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly the cards are a real test of your ingenuity and I love them. Your Mum's work is amazing and I can understand your comment about wanting them!!
Blessings
Maxine

Ida said...

Way to go in finding ways to participate after all. Both your cards are very nice.
Thank you so much for sharing your mom's work as well. It's awesome.

2amscrapper said...

wow to everything!

Clare Lloyd said...

such an elegant xmas card and love all you other creations too! thanks for joining us @ CCAYR. x

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards - love your moms porcelain painting - so pretty!

Lynn Stevens said...

You mom is quite the artist! Fabulous pieces!
hugs Lynn

BethieJ said...

Your cards are LOVELY! So is your moms painting!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful creations, especially the blue monochromatic card. Love that image. Your mother's porcelain is gorgeous and I can see why you'd want it. That vase is stunning. Bet if you are nice to her she will send something special home with you. Thanks for joining us a CCAYR. "Hugs" Carol