Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Oh Hummingbird!

A color challenge was posted at Splitcoast today, I do not have any of the colors, so had to substitute.....  This is my make:


 I used Calypso Coral, Regal Rose and Certainly Celery Su inks.  I used mixed Media cardstock for this fun project.  I smooshed the ink on my craft mat- first Coral - spritzed then added to cardstock.  I dried the card, then repeated with the Rose ink.  Circle punches in 1", 1/2" and 1/4" were sponged in the Celery, then White Pigment ink by Gina K.  I stamped the flower in Rose, then added a fussy cut flower from a seperate piece of technique card. I added a spritz of water and used a paintbrush to mute the lines a touch just on the fussy cut flower image.
  The die cut by Gina Marie was cut twice from card, and from the negative- sponged the green onto the card base, then applied the white hummingbird.  I covered the hunmmer with Wink of Stella.
  The 'dessert' was woodgrain, so added a touch of that in the corner.

 I do not think I have Fall in my heart yet!!!  I have hummingbirds out of my window- they will be migrating soon!!!


 I thought this bird was playing dead, because the other is very territorial, but apparently, before migration, they drink LOTS of nectar and go into a deep sleep.......


This is normal, watching to make sure no one but me drinks of the nectar the Schmidts provide, except me!!!  LOL

Challenges:
Arty Divas Challenge- AG
My Time to Craft- Birds
Tuesday Throwdown- AG
Dream Valley- Things with Wings


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Shelly - lots of depth in the background colours. Love that photo of the hummer hanging upside down:)
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your hummingbird card is so pretty! I love the pictures of your real hummingbirds, too!

*Vicki* said...

Your hummingbird image is stunning! I love how you've done your background and finished off your design! Stunning photos!! TFS!

Lola said...

So pretty and wonderful colors. Your photos are so pretty. I rarely see a hummingbird perch - beautiful.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty, I like the little woodgrain in the corner.

I just changed the hummingbird nectar today, but I haven’t seen any hummers in weeks. I will still put the feeder out at least for a few weeks in case any migrants come through. I do miss them, but they must do what they must! I have NEVER seen one hang upside down before! How interesting!

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card, I love all of the coral and that beautiful hummingbird die! Awesome photos too, it's so hard to take a picture of a hummingbird and these turned out great.

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in the My Time To Craft Challenge this time and good luck :)

Lin said...

What a fabulous hummingbird design.

Thanks for sharing in our 'Wings' challenge, and thanks for your interesting pictures too.

Lin
Dream Valley

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Such a pretty card!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}

Lynn McAuley said...

So, so gorgeous!!! Love your photos, too, Shelly!!