Saturday, December 8, 2018

ATC's- Fall and tea bag stamping

These are my Nov ATC's for the Unity ATC swap group I am in. I love to try new things, and I have never tried tea bag stamping.....  I love tea- drink alot of it......  so, began saving the tea bags and drying them out......


 I stamped the image on the tea bags using Nuvo Hybrid Black ink.  I let it dry.....  I stitched the tea bags onto watercolor paper, and then watercolored over the top of the teabag.  No two came out alike. In very small letters, it says 'Tis the Season. The kit I used is an Itty Bitty called Tis the Season Deer IB 779.

  After coloring, I stapled the tag onto the tea bag ATC. I have more stamped and ready for future projects : )

We make 2 ATC's each month, so the 2nd theme (which is optional to follow) was Fall.

 I used fall watercolor colors (Daniel Smith) and no 2 of the ATC's are the same.  I used IB470- Wishing you Joy for this ATC,

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, those are gorgeous. You have been busy.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I've never heard of tea bag stamping. Love how yours turned out. Your brightly coloured ATC's are terrific. I love bright and bold.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly your ATC cards are so pretty!

*Vicki* said...

Now that is such a creative and clever idea! I've not seen that before, but now I must remember to save my tea bags as well! Your design is just gorgeous! TFS!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your tea bag ATC's Shelly - they are beautiful - as are the other two as well. Love the vibrant background on the second pair.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Your teabag deer are absolutely precious, Shelly! And those autumn ATCs: BEAUTIFUL!!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Wow never in my head would I have thought of stamping on tea bags. What an awesome idea and so vintage looking. Surely I will have to try this sometime. All I can say is WONDERFUL Shelly.

Margaret said...

These are beautiful. I have never heard of stamping on a tea bag before. What a fun concept. Merry Christmas.