Tuesday, August 15, 2017

DDD-Catch of the Day

It's the 15th of the month, which means the Dueling Darlings (Splitcoaststampers group) are showing us what they created with the monthly card kit. This month, Carol (Diva's) and I (Dazzlers) are the hostesses, and our theme is, "Catch of the Day". 



 .........and here is the inside of my card:

  


 I used everything in the kit except the hook eyelet and the yarn fiber. I made this a skaker card, but there are no loose elements included. The sequins and the little fish are all glued down. At the bottom of the shaker, there is a swatch of burlap which I trimmed and colored with Wasabi ink, then glued down. It made a good place for the little yellow fish to swim in : )  
 Inside, I added white cardstock bordered with blue- as I spilled tea on my card - eeeekkks!
The kit contents:
Images - Clear Dollar Stamps (no longer in business- they did have an angel policy)
Lure DP- Paper Studio
Blue Water DP- Recollections
eyelets- Paper Outlet
Burlap and rhinestones- $1.50 bin
Dies- oval die- Spellbinders; fish and underwater swirl-Unbranded
Cardstock- Blue- SU Pacific Point
Fish dies- Cherry Cobbler, Tangerine and yellow is a shimmery paint over white.
Yellow cardstock- unknown

I lost my sidebar links when my computer crashed in December, and I STILL have not put them on my sidebar..... .  Here they all are:
Divas
Barb ** Blog: Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Carol ** Blog: Lost in my craft room
Judy ** Blog: Paper Hugs & Kisses
Heather ** Blog:https://landofstamping.wordpress.com/ 
Kelly ** Blog: *Sandcastle Stamper*
LJ ** Blog: Bucky Girl
Suzy ** no blog, Gallery SuzyS1104 - Homemade Cards, Rubber Stamp Art, & Paper Crafts - Splitcoaststampers.com
Tami ** : : : : BlueInks Design
Terry S ** her gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=11182

Dazzlers:
Darlene ** The World According to Bijou
Debbie ** The Ink Igloo
Jeanette ** Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than TherapyCreative Play-It's Cheaper Than Therapy
Paola ** blog That's Amore! (SAMA  Please check her gallery at SCS HERE
Shelly ** My creative rumblings
Terry A ** For now, here's her gallery: Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - PurplePansy26 - Handmade Cards & Crafts
Terry L ** It's Totally Terry
Tracie ** Crafty Creations
Debby B ** no blog (Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...edeb&x=18&y=13

Challenges:
Shopping Your Stash- Chillaxin and Relaxin
Tuesday Throwdown- AG
Scrapbook Stamp Society- AG using dies or punches
Outlawz Twisted Thursdays- AG with twist- layers and dimension


Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly


10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! I love the shaker!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carol W said...

Shelley this card is awesome. I love how you made it a shaker without the moving elements. The kit you sent looks like it was fun. I love your card.....

Unknown said...

Cool shaker! great kit!

Lynn McAuley said...

A sensational card sure to delight any fisherman in your life! Wonderful design, Shelly!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly this card is so cute! You've certainly added a lot of details to it. GREAT design!

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, what a great card. Perfect masculine one for the fisherman.

Kaija said...

Cute card!Thanks for joining u t ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you gain.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

Mimi said...

Very cute card... love the fishing as a way to relax! Thank you for sharing at SOS last week, and hope to see you this week with our Wood Is Good theme!

Marilyn said...

I love shaker cards and this is fabulous! I also like the way you finished the inside of the card. I think it's such a good idea to receive a kit and then everyone does their own take on it... I'm sure they are all different but so creative.

KarinsArtScrap said...

Shelly this is fantastic and great card
Thanks for join us at
{ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
Hope to see you again and goodluck

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator