Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Fish Mingle

Something is fishy this month- and it is a mingle over at the About Oriental Stamp Yahoo Group.  We can use fish image, and there has to be a stamped item. (And, it has to be Asian).


 I placed an order recently with Frantic Stampers, and received some Scrapbook Stickers- the fish being one of them, I added it over a Simple Sumi background- that was a Technique Junkie scrap : )  I used Basic Grey DP, added a rub on from the Target dollar spot (it is the design on the left side).  The floral image up on top and the sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps (sadly, now closed).

 My partner, JB sent me this lovely card

 I love the fish image, and all of the pearls on the background she added.

I am trying to get to blogs- slowly but surely!  More appointments to make- hoping to get in the creative space later in the afternoon : )

I have recently been on the go alot more than before, and have found Instagram- easy to browse on the go.  Are you on Instagram?  If so, leave a link to your Instagram so I can follow you there!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, Your fish is just gorgeous. Thought of you when Lili of the Valley came out with the digital stamp that has some oriental re-takes of their rubber stamps.

kiwimeskreations said...

What lovely ATC's Shelly - they are both really pretty. I am kiwimekreations on IG.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Your Oriental designs are always so beautiful, Shelly! What a gorgeous background for this exquisite fish!

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous cards! I am in love with the first one!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, these are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Your card is stunning!! I love the beautiful fish!! The one you received is fabulous, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

*Vicki* said...

Absolutely awesome fish images! Love your beautiful creations with them! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Marilyn said...

Using the fish the way you did is brilliant! You have some of the best ideas and are always so inventive and creative. Great background too.

MiamiKel said...

Wow!! Just gorgeous Shelly! You really put a lot of thought and care into your card. And I know how much you love the Asian look :) have you seen the new Hero Arts Koi fish stamps and dies? Swoon!!!

Tammy said...

Both cards are gorgeous Shelly!
Tammy x

Donna said...

Fun cards. It's hard to believe the detail of that sticker. And I love the pearls on your partner's card too. Very nice! I haven't started instagram yet. I guess I just don't have time for one more thing.

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

cute card
love those fish