Friday, April 13, 2012

Candy Sleeve- Day 5 of Michael Strong Stamps

I made a fun 'Candy' sleeve for Day 5 of the  Michael Strong Yahoo group -as the Card Captain.

  I found this tutorial on the Technique Junkies Stamping Companion CD.  It is quick and easy- ad will fit in a regular card with just a few lumps (an extra $0.20 where I live).........
 I used Confetti cardstock and stamped in brown with a background image from I Brake for Stamps- it is from the Embossing Arts line.  Next, I stamped using Hetty's Coffee Cup- masking to add a portion of the steam image. I backed the image with a coffee holder.
  And here it is with the tag out.....the tag will hold a mini candy or two, but the person I am sending this to does not eat candy...... yep- way more will power than me!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Shelly...such a fabulous design and I love the colors!!!!

Cindy Gay said...

Very nice Shelly!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the cup as the tage 'handle'!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh can you see my drool! I'm a huge starbucks fan (drinking one right now after church, in fact!) and this is PERFECT! You outdid yourself, Shelly! I'm going to have to CASE your idea with all the SB gift cards I give away :) I'm sorry I haven't been by to visit - things have been tough here, but hopefully the rest of the month will be smoother. Hugs!

Miss Amber said...

Wow Shelly, this is gorgeous!