Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Fa La La La La

I recently won a set of Simon Hurley Creates inks on Instagram.  How fun is that!!!  I found them at my door when I arrived home from our 1800 mile Thanksgiving journey to Virginia!


I had previously purchased a stamp set also from Simon Hurley creates- so fun and festive, so set out to create.  The backdrop is a MFT stencil, and I used both of the blue inks. 
Next, I stamped the inks on a glass mat and watercolored the tree and the boy.  The gifts are paper pieced. The musical notes are also in the set.  A little wink of Stella for shimmer and a touch of color to the lights- what a fun stamp set!

I took the time to swatch out the inks on Gina K 110# card, Recollections 110# and Georgia Pacific card in the blues.  I used ink blending tools and tried to go darker to lighter.  I watercolor with inks often (and epsecially when on the road), so swiped inks on using a waterbrush at the bottom of my swatch card. 


Whew- Thanksgiving is over and Christmas is approaching quickly!!!  

Challenges TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

8 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

I sure love how you put so many techniques into 1 card. So much talent. This is a real cute card. Oh and congrats on your winnings!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Congratulations on your score!

Very cute card.

Lynn McAuley said...

That is me singing Christmas carols!! I may not sound very good, but I love doing it!! What an awesome card, Shelly!!

*Vicki* said...

Well isn't that a fabulous thing to come home to! How fun! Congrats on that win! Your card is just too cute!! Love how he is just singing his heart out there!! LOL!! What a fun scene you've made Shelly!! Enjoy your winnings!! HUGS

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome prize Shelly - and a fabulous card you have created with the products too
Blessings
Maxine

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly that image is just too cute and a great background.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such a cute card, Shelly! The image is fun!

Margaret said...

What a fun card. Love the signing boy image and your lovely card design.