Monday, July 15, 2019

DDD- Christmas in July

For our July swap, the Dueling Darlings theme is Christmas in July. Our hostess is Debbie for the Darlings and for the Divas the hostess in Suzy.


 The image is Stamping Up, and I colored it using Distress inks- watercolored. The gemstones and recipe card are Paper Studio. The ribbon is Offray and the DP is Hobby Lobby.
 I added shimmer with a Sakura Gelly Roll pen-Stardust.

We are all sharing a family recipe for the holidays, and our family has morphed a recipe over time- Corn casserole made by my mother had cheese and saltines.  I am allergic to milk and my DIL and other family members cannot have wheat, so here is Gluten Free Corn casserole.
 You can use add Daiya cheese that is dairy free, or just add it to portions of the casserole.



I love visiting the blogs of my fellow DDD's to see what they create- using the same kit! Here are the links to blogs and SCS galleries to see all of the fun cards!

Challenges: TBA

Dazzlers:
Blogs: Beth ,Donna Jeanette  , Shelly- you are here, Terry L  , Tracie

SCS Galleries:   Terry A , Debbie B

Divas
Blogs : Barb  , Carol ,  Judy ,   Heather  , Kelly  LJ  Tami
SCS Galleries:  Suzy  , Terry S 

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

15 comments:

Judy McMullen said...

Shelly, your card is fantastic! How beautifully you've colored that sweet Christmas house. So many details on that gorgeous card!! What an interesting recipe! Thanks for sharing!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your card is lovely! Great coloring!

terry serman said...

Love the soft color of your house. Such a pretty card!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your card has a great vintage feel. I can picture the people inside having some corn casserole! Fun!!!!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the image of the house!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly that's a wonderful card. Will have to pass that recipe on since I have several relatives with gluten allergies.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a classic Christmas card Shelly - beautifully coloured and mounted.
Your recipe sounds tasty - I will pass it on to my DD as she deals with gluten and dairy allergies
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

What a wonderful holiday card, Shelly. My sister is going gluten free. I will pass this recipe on to her! We all love corn casserole!

Barb said...

This is such a pretty card--love all of the detail you put in to it.

Carol W said...

Shelly I love your card. I love the layout and the colors you chose are perfect. Great Job!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Great card. Nice use of the items from the kit. Enjoy your trip seeing Hetty.

Donna said...

Shelly, love your festive Christmas house. Pretty in pink! Great use of the embellishments. Love your card! Hope all is well.

MiamiKel said...

OH Shelly, this is gorgeous! So much detail and very festive - perfect holiday card! Bravo!

Terry Ladwig said...

Love how you colored this image! It was a tough one for me, but you did a great job!

HeatherB said...

The pink is perfect!!!