Friday, February 22, 2019

GIU Day 5

  Day 5 and the final day of me posting for Growing in Unity aka GIU. Thank you so much for joining me in a week of creativity and all things Unity!!!  Two winners will be picked using Random.org from those who have posted comments this week.  Check back Monday for winners!


 Here is a card that will leave you happy and singing........  I used the Unity set Love Bug.  I colored this image with Copics.  DP is Echo park. There is shimmer on the XOXO.  I had a blast making this.  We, my siblings, would p'lay a road trip game- every time we saw a VW aka ;bug', we would say,  "Slugbug" and whack the one next to us in the arm.....  Did you every play this travel game???

 Next, I had some Mixed Media fun :

 I started out with Distress Oxide inks smooshed onto a craft mat, spritzed with water and dabbed onto cardstock.  Once dry, the next layer of Distress Oxide ink is added.  Once all dry, I added a stencil and added Distress ink over that.  Then, a couple of stamps from the Hello Beautiful set were added on the background using Distress Inks.
  The main image Boldly Believe, was added using Gray ink- to either side of the main image location. I removed color with water using a watercolor brush.  I colored using Distress ink, then added color over the top using Crystal Nuvo drops- painted on,  Next, I added Crystal Nuvo to the Green Distress Oxide ink and painted that onto the leaves area.  I was trying to make the 2 images 'out of focus'.

 Next, I added the main image popped up on dimensionals.  It was painted with Distress Oxide inks. There are three hearts added (also from the Just beautiful set) on the background.  Glitter Nuvo drops were added in sets of three, and fiber added for a finishing touch.
  The sentiment is from the set, 'Just Focus on the Things'. It was stamped onto Kraft cardstock in Distress Oxide ink. I added it to the card and tied it onto the purple yarn fiber.

Thanks again for all of your support this week.  And, thanks Unity for the GIU program!!!

***FYI- All comments are moderated- spammers love me : )  If you write a comment and hit post, I need to moderate it before you can see it.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

27 comments:

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Oh my goodness!! I just got that car sweet. Thank you for the inspiration
I can't wait to use mine. Gorgeous work. I love the colors on your other card as well. Hugs & creativity, Holley

https://jojosretiredpasttime.blog/ said...

I love both your cards today and all your post this week ,they were all AMAZING ....GREAT WEEK

Rachel Duong said...

Thank you for a great week of inspiration! I love your VW card and yes I played that game on many of our family road trips!

Kathy H said...

Love that bug. I have that stamp and should go make something. My kid would play that bug game when they were younger. Love your second card too. Thanks for sharing this week, Kathy Hering.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

I too played the "slugbug" game with my siblings and my kiddos when they were little on road trips or anytime. So fun. Great stamps, layout, coloring, and design. And that mix media card is stunning. So pretty. Thanks for the inspiration all week!

Becca Yahrling said...

I love that VW bug!! We never played that game, but my nieces & nephews still do! lol Love your fun card using that set. And the flower card is beautiful. Your background is fabulous & pretty.

Barb said...

Sweet Cards today. It has been a great week for your cards!

*Vicki* said...

Your "love bug" card at the top is so colorful and fun!! Love the floral background! Your second card is gorgeous with that background you've created and I just love the colors too!! Have a great weekend! HUGS

Linda said...

Love the "Bug" and the colors on your second card are my go to colors--LOVE it!!

Dorothy Green said...

Lovely cards Shelly!! We played the VW bug game too when we travelled. Your card brought back great memories!!! Love the paper too. Your ink smooshing on your flower card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing all this week!!!

Jacque Bauer said...

Love the VW! I loved your second card also. Thanks for the week of inspiration.

stamping sue said...

A lot of wonderful inspiration this week. thanks for sharing your talents.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Denise S. said...

Love that bright colorful paper on the Love Bug card and the second card is beautiful. My two brothers and I played Slug Bug too until my mother finally had enough and we had to change it to "Love Bug" whereby we counted them instead. The first one to call it out was the one who got to count it, but it wasn't as much fun. You should have seen us go by a dealership, lol.

Wilma DeG said...

Wow! I love both of these cards! The background on the second one is gorgeous!!! The Love Bug card is so fun... I just added it to my wishlist. It brings back great memories of my siblings & I playing slugbug, too!

Glennis F said...

Thanks for a great week Shelly, I love your designs

Lisa said...

They're both so beautiful!! I love the papers and VW bug on the first one!! The colors are fabulous on the second one!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Such a great variety of inspiration this week! Love your mixed media background today! Thanks for sharing all week!

Pat said...

Love the car thank you so much for sharing with us this week

Sue D said...

Cute VW card and I like the mixed media look of the second.

Kim Marie said...

I think these are my favorites this week! And yes we played that game on road trips, but we called out "punch bug!" first!

Snailmailstamping.blogspot.com said...

Just love that oxide background. Fabulous week!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful cards. The love bug is my favorite. You do astonishing work, Shelly.

Yes, we used to play the penny game with my mom when we would drive two hours to visit my grandma in the US. My mom would pick something out and told us that the next person to see that item wins a penny. It felt so good to accumulate pennies--LOL.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

two more beauties, Shelly! Congrats on a great GIU week!

ionabunny said...

Love the car card. The patterned paper background is just perfect. Hugz

karen adams said...

Great cards!

Lisa Lynn said...

These are both beautiful. Those stamps are wonderful.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these awesome papers and wonderful song lyrics with your Unity VW!! What a fabulous card!! Beautiful work on the second one, too!