Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Sympathy

A card for a friend who had a loss in her family.


  I stamped this Unity image (Dec. 17 KOTM) on Watercolor paper (Strathmore) using a stamping platform. I colored with Zig pens and Artesa waterbrush pens, plus a bit of Wink of Stella.
  Cardstock and DSP are SU as are the pearls.  The butterfly die is Cheery Lynn.

 I googled the Arteza brushes and watched alot of You Tube video's before buying them. I was able to color direct to paper, blend a bit, remove ink that was too saturated and lift color that blended on the edges and also used ink scribbled on my stamp block mixed with water for the background.  I also did some tip to tip blending for middle tones of the colors.  So far, I am pleased with the results of the markers : )

 Here is my swatching- Lt on watercolor paper and Rt Neenah cardstock.


 These pens do not have numbers on them, so I will have to figure that out so I can easily color with them if they get out of this order..... 

This is my Zig pen collection.  You can buy these individually, and they have numbers on them.  I will be filling in my collection with the Zigs in the future.


 My first time using a new bottle of Nuvo drops:

 So, when the Nuvo drops first start flowing, do not squeeze too hard : ) LOL

Challenges-TBA

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, your card is beautiful. You are so creative and daring.

froebelsternchen said...

Your card is just beautiful Shelly!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness, Shelly! This card is watercolored? It is stunning!!!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

LOL...had to laugh I did the same thing once with my stickles...had Black diamond on the closet door. Beautiful job on the card. So vibrant!

Lisa said...

Your card is stunning!! The flowers look amazing!! And haha, the Nuvo drops!! That's something I would do!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love bright cards and this one takes the cake. So cheerful for someone who is in need of cheering up. I laughed when I saw what happened with your Nuvo drops. I'll be careful.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly! Love your coloring. I haven't invested in the Nuvo Drops yet but it's on my list. Thanks for the warning. Hope you are staying warm up there!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your card is so pretty. I do love watercolors. I am not a good friend, I giggled when I saw the Nuvo Drops on the ceiling. Sorry!!!!!

Kristie W. said...

Your flowers are beautiful! Lol on the Nuvo drops!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a beautifully colored sympathy design, Shelly!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful and tasteful sympathy card. They are the most difficult cards to do, at least for me they are.
However, the Nuvo drops on the ceiling is something I haven't done but I can see it happening. It's funny but only because it's on your ceiling, not mine!

Terry Andress said...

I love your card Shelly! Don't you love working with the brush pens! I have a set of the Zig and I researched them and watched YouTube videos before I finally bought them too! I have a few bottles of the Nuvo drops also...after seeing your mishap I will be careful! That made me chuckle when I saw the picture. I'm sorry!