Thursday, November 23, 2017

Crayon Resist

I had a moment to create this week, and took the opportunity o make a swap for the AOSA (About Oriental Art) Yahoo group- theme- dragonflies. This is a type of crayon resist.



And, I made a full sized card using the same technique:


 The SCS had a Try a New Technique challenge on Monday.  I have done a variation of this technique, but this one was much easier.....  I took white cardstock, placed it on an embossing folder with the impression part of the folder up. I ran a crayon over that and then rubbed/brayered on color.
You get a better impression on the card vs the ATC of what the embossing folder design is.
 The dragonflu is by Michael Strong, the sentiment MFP.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

7 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love what you have created with these wonderful dragonflies, Shelly! Beautiful cards!! I may have to give crayon resist another try (if I can find some crayons around here)!

May God bless your Thanksgiving with love and laughter!

Donna said...

Very pretty Shelly. What a neat technique. I've never tried this. Great colors too. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving. When I count my blessings I count you! I know I owe you an email yet. I'll answer next week after all the chaos calms down. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous cards Shelly. I love dragonflies. You rocked these cards out.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your dragonfly cards are gorgeous!

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly this is just gorgeous. Great technique. Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I went to visit my son and had to go through Chicago on Tuesday...thought of you.

MiamiKel said...

Very nice, Shel! I havent' done this technique in awhile - but yours is gorgeous! I love dragonflies. I always said if I ever got a tattoo, and I never would, LOL, that it would be a dragonfly in memory of my dad ♥

Lynn McAuley said...

These are beautiful, Shelly!!