Tuesday, November 7, 2017

COF

November: Hostess ~ Jody

I originally chose November because I wanted to celebrate Gratitude or Thanksgiving, as I was searching through the scriptures for verses for those words, I came across the following scripture:
"Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving" - Psalms 147:7


…this verse spoke to me, as music and giving thanks to the Lord through song has always been an important part of my worship and study. One year I took our hymn book and studied the scriptures that went with each hymn, it was a wonderful new way to study and added much to my life. Two of my favorite hymns are "How Great Thou Art" and "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing", as the words in these hymns expresses our gratitude to the LORD.

Your challenge is to make card that represents how worship through music touches your life. It could be something that represents a favorite hymn, a song of gratitude, your favorite type of music, anything along those lines, the field is wide open. Looking forward to your creations.



 I took a CAS approach- stamped the image and embossed it, then colored it in with Zig markers. I added some clear Nuvo drops and a bow in twine. 

 I love music- and learning to play the piano is on my bucket list : )  I am currently beginning my 3rd year.  I am getting there- need to practice more! My Mom played the piano and also sang- she had a beautiful voice!  With her Dementia she has lost some of the piano skills (she can play the older music beautifully), and does not project enough when she sings.  

You can see all of the cards HERE on Splitcoast.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

10 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Great card Shelly. Just love that sentiment. Those are wonderful songs and I'm with you!!!

Donna said...

Shelly, this is gorgeous. Such a great message. My mother was a singer also. We grew up with her sing in the kitchen from morning to night. She had a beautiful voice. Music is so important. It brings a special something to everyone. I love your card!

Marilyn said...

So pretty Shelly! I like how you coloured the image and the three pearls and twine are just the right amount of embellishment.

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely gorgeous - so classic and elegant and simple, yet it makes a bold statement! I love the music note idea - brilliant :)

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this card is simply gorgeous. Lovely in every way!

Margaret said...

Simply beautiful. Come Thou Font of Every Blessing is also a favorite of mine. I love music, especially hymns that we sing. They really touch the soul.

Laura said...

Beautiful card! I'm impressed with your study of scripture from songs. Way to go on your learning to play the piano. How wonderful that your mom enriches your life with her piano playing and her singing! You are such an optimistic person!!! I'm blessed to know you! hugs, Laura

Lynn McAuley said...

What a uniquely beautiful image, Shelly! I love this sensational card!! Wish I had learned to play the piano when I was younger and had more brains!

Carol W said...

Great card Shelley Simple yet very stunning.

Davi said...

Such a beautiful card Shelley! Studying the scriptures to go with the hymns is a great way to get encouraged,,,super idea:) My husband has dementia and its effecting his playing worship too.