Friday, May 26, 2017

Oxide resist


I had a bit if time to play with the Distress Oxide inks, and made a card using a resist technique.


 I stamped the floral image in Versamark ink & embossed using clear EP.  Then, I dabbed colors onto the craft mat and ran the paper through it.  I dried between layers, and love the way this ink layers- so pretty IRL!  I added a little Asian Kanji in the background and will use this for the AOSA (About Oriental Stamp Art) Yaahoo group for a BRAK.

 Luckily, I made a 2nd piece- perfect for an ATC- I will send out for the May ATC Lottery- theme is AG!

 I watercolored the flowers on both ATC and card, and would watch some video's before I do it again to get the colors a bit darker on the flower and leaves. I still love the look : )

Challenges:
Crafting with Friends- AG
Artistic Inspiration- AG
ATC Around the World-AG

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

6 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, both the card and the ATC are gorgeous. Good thinking to do both. Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous result you have achieved with the DOX's - love the backgrounds, and the way you have coloured and layered the flower over the top on both projects. Beautiful work Shelly
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Delicate and beautiful! I love it, Shelly!

Conny said...

This is so beautiful! Love it!
Thanks for joining us at ATC around the world!
Hugs,
Conny

Tammy said...

This is gorgeous Shelly, I love the inky background and all of the flowers!
Tammy x

Kartenstempeltina said...

Das schaut so richtig schön aus, tolle Farben, Danke fürs zeigen bei Atc around the world, liebe Grüße Bettina