Thursday, April 27, 2017

CYS Superhero

 Our 'CYS' aka Craft Your Stash group from SCS has a challenge this month with the theme Superhero.  I literally have NO images to use, and found some cute punch patterns, but decided to celebrate an everyday Superhero- Mom's!


I finished the inside too - and added a cape (it is not attached to anything......). This image so reminds me of a Superhero mom that still has kids at home and spends so much time on the go!!!



 So, the premise of CYS is to create with our supplies that have gone unused...  So, I have enough sequins in my stash to make shaker cards for....a long time- non-stop!  And, this is the first time using the die set I used for the sentiment and for the frame around the shaker.

 I used the remaining of the DDD Kit from THIS post. I have to say, this is the card I first envisioned when I saw this kit- and thankfully, we received 2 of the fun image, and I had plenty of the DP left to have fun and create!!! I loved the way THIS card turned out, for which I did the same thing with paper strips on the backgrounds.

Image-Some Odd Girl Sunny Mae
CS- Recollections white, SU
DCWV Kidlet Paper Pad
Die- Die-versions Stitched Nesting Combo

Challenges:
Crafty Girls Creation- AG
Outlawz- Twisted Thursday- AG
Die Cutting Divas- polka dots & die cuts

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, a Mom is the greatest super hero! Your card is just the best.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely shaker card. I think your girl is really cute and nicely coloured too.

Lynn McAuley said...

I agree! Moms are the superheros of this world!! Fabulous card, Shelly!

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Shelly and I like the teal shades on here. I love shakers and this one is perfect.
hahahha... know exactly what you mean about not having any images to use.

Lisa said...

This is so fabulous!! I love your superhero!! She's adorable!! The shaker is beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Donna said...

Shelly, this is a wonderful card! Love the gorgeous colors and the sparkle of the sequins. Who better to be a superhero than Mom. "Super" fun card! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great cards Shelly, I love re-visiting items I've stashed away and creating something new with them! Have an amazing day =)

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, Shel! this is absolutely as cute as can be!! Your creativity is above and beyond with this absolutely stunning shaker card :). You are definitely one of my superhero friends and all that you do for your mom and as a mom for your children just warms my heart. Never lose your magic, my friend!

Faye said...

Wonderful super-mom card! Your colors are beautiful.

Barb said...

Great card--love the design and such a perfect image!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Love the tribute to Moms! I know alot of those "Super Heros". Lovely card Shelly

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is cute. I love the adorable image and the shaker, great job.

Margaret said...

Great card Shelly. I really like your image and card design.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your card is awesome! I love shaker cards and yours is DAZZLE'ing!

Gerda said...

What a fabulous shaker card!! Love the adorable image and pretty design!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

CardsbyJo said...

Fun card Shelly. Great take on the challenge!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.