Thursday, March 20, 2014

Zentangle Art Journal Page

I am just beginning to dabble in Zentangle. I bought a couple of books with 'How To' instructions, and threw them in with my luggage when traveled recently.  I had a day with a  3 hour bus trip from Bangkok to Koh Samet, Thailand, so I took out my Art Journal and went to task.




 The page already had the orange-ish and purple color from another project. I outlined my hand and practiced different Zentangle patterns, and filled in around the page edges. It kept me busy and I found some of the patterns I really enjoyed in the books I had. 

 You may notice on the bottom right, I dated the page- I think I will add the date somewhere on each page, so I can see my progress as I continue to learn about Art Journaling.  The last page I completed was a year ago....... I find Zentangling very relaxing....... : )


Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

13 comments:

Terry said...

Shelly, this is a great Zentangle page! I love the orange color and your hand is quite amazing! Another thing I must attempt one day, along with journaling! Enjoy!

Donna said...

I've always been amazed at anyone who could do zentangles. This is so fun! I doubt I could do this. I can't even doodle. LOL!

Desire Fourie said...

Just loving this mixed media creation with the wonderful zentangling.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such an artsy project.

Carol W said...

Wow, something I need to look into. Great job Shelly, I love hearing about new things and checking them out...

kiwimeskreations said...

I am glad I am not the only one to be slow in using my art journal :-) Great page Shelly, enjoy the journey.
Blessings
Maxine

Anonymous said...


It is something I haven't tried but when I view such art it is incredible - such as this page you are sharing with us.
Wishes
Lynne

Penny said...

How cool! Love Zentangle and the hand is really interesting! Great idea for a journal page! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your zentangles. I actually worked on them today myself.

Denise said...

I love this project of yours! I have recently been introduced into Zentangle. I think it is amazing! I just love the page you created. Does SweetStamping sell some of the pens to use for Zentangle?
Sweet Huggies
Denise

Margaret said...

This is a very new technique that I really don't know much about. From what little I do know,your creation is fabulous.

Shirley said...

Both are absolutely beautiful! The first is so pretty with the distressed edges and the paper piercing too! The second one is so vibrant and uplifting! I really like the colors and the embellishments to the sentiment!!

Shirley said...

I'm not sure, Shelly, but I think I posted the last comment to this instead of the latest cards. I have always wanted to try Zentangle. Yours is wonderful and you made it look so easy and pretty at the same time! I love the warm colors and what a great use for it! A journal is the perfect project!!