Sunday, March 16, 2014

Poppin' Bunny

 I made a card with the Progressive Digi challenge over at DeeDee's Digi's.
  I have not been using digi's a lot, so was inspired to try to make one card a month for this progressive challenge....and, I printed out a pre-colored image, so the card came together really quickly!

  I used a background made of Dylusions sprays to coordinate with the image colors. I made dots with a White Faber Castell PITT Artist Pen, and made black swirls in the center with a touch of Orchid SU Marker in the centers. I thought the circles would mirror the dots on the egg. I was possessed to doodle a bit as well- I do not do that too often and just let loose and had a blast!

  The first digi to start in the challenge was only $1.25- I think it is always so fun to see what people do when creating with the same image!

Challenges- inspire me- so:
One Stitch at a Time- Use a Digi
Card Makin Mamas- Splish Splash

Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

13 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the cute cat image & sentiment. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch204 Use a Digi.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
OSAAT DT

Penny said...

Really cool card! Love the cute image! And your background and doodling are fabulous! :^)
Hugs, Penny

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Shelly you must have had a blast with this - isn't it fun to do something our of our usual comfort zone. Wonderful card :-)
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

The background you created is so fun. Thanks, for sharing it!

Donna Hanley said...

It sound like you did have a lot of fun making this darling card. Your paper is amazing and I like that you added your doodling. If I get brave I will attempt to CASE your paper work. It all came together in a very nice manner to back up this cute image. So glad you were able to play along with us here at Deedee' Digi of the Month. We do hope to see you again soon.

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute! Love that background you created for this sweet image.

Terry said...

No this is not adorable at all, not at all! Since I am such a background kind of person, I so love your background! This card is just such fun and so darn cute! Love it!

*Vicki* said...

Such a gorgeous background Shelly!! I love that cute image too! :)

SAMARA said...

This is not only a beautiful card and precious too Shelly, it is a real piece of mixed media wonder. The background is just gorgeous and reminds me of all those paints for decorating eggs smooshed together! Thanks for coming over to OSAAT with your digi and best of luck. Samara, DT OSAAT

Mimi said...

Absolutely beautiful Shelly . Love your background paper, very clever :) :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT Use A Digi challenge. Hugs Jane OAAAT DT xxxxx

Penny said...

Hi Shelly, thanks for popping into the Card Makin Mama's challenge blog to show us your Splish Splash creation. Your dylusions background works perfectly with the image.

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful card, love the background and doodling. Thanks so much for joining us over at Deedee’s Digi Challenge Blog, hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Unknown said...

Such a cute kitty!!

Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
Hugs Katie x