Friday, January 24, 2014

Washi Shapes

The Technique Junkies have a Yahoo Group, and we have a weekly challenge to encourage members to try a 'technique of the week'.  Washi Shapes is the technique of the week this week : )


  I thought it would  be so fun to make a card for Chinese New Year (Which is on 1/31).
I used a Michael Strong Kimono die and mounted it on dimensionals with a piece of Mulberry like cardstock I bought in China last year as the backdrop. I used a Copic Marker to color a piece of Silk Ribbon for the sash. The Kanji says Happy New Year. I cut toothpicks for the top and the bottom of the banner. 2014 is the Year of the Horse

  I am in Asia vacationing with  my daughter- I will be back in early Feb- so if you do not see me stopping by your blog...that is why : )  Please say a prayer for us for safe travels!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

11 comments:

Terry said...

I figured you were busy out in the world having a great time! Safe travel prayers going your way! Lovely card and such a clever design with the tapes! Enjoy!

Anne Temple said...

Gorgeous card and great design. Have a great trip and safe travels.

jimlynn said...

Prayers sent!
Love this little kimono Shelly and the banner is precious!!
Lynn

Michele said...

gorgeous card! traveling mercies... xo

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Shelly and I will be praying for your safety.
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Excellent card. Great kimonoa. I love how you used toothpicks. Ingenious. Have a safe trip. hugs,

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Just beautiful! Enjoy n be safe.

NanaConnie said...

This is really incredible, Shelly! Marvelous design and I love the color combo.

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Shelly, I just found your beautiful blog!!
I love all your cards and I will gladly pray while you are in Asia!
I've book marked you and will enjoy spending some time reading through it!
Have a wonderful trip!!
Ginny

Penny said...

This is just darling and so clever! Love how you used the tapes! And that banner is too cute! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is so creative and fun!