Friday, July 26, 2013

Card Kit Swap

Over at Oriental Stamp Art Yahoo Group, I joined in a Swap where we make a Geisha card and send a partner a kit to recreate a card using our kit- and they do the same.
 My Geisha is from Stonehouse Stamps- plate #14.  I used a Good Luck Punch using the copper cardstock. The butterfly pattern /template is from a blogging friend Karli HERE.  Copper cardstock is from Paper Temptress. I had trouble with the embossing bleeding onto the Geisha face, so I stamped and cut out another Geisha face onto Watercolor paper, and glued it on over the top of the original.

 My partner was Margo (aka RLI- Retired and Loving It). This is what she did with the kit I sent to her:
 I really like the layout and the punched Good luck Kanji- Margo added sticky back tape and glitter to it- I really like this idea! 
 Here is the card inside:
Of course, the card is much better IRL!!!!!

Here is the beautiful card Margo sent to me:
  Margo also sent me a template to re-create another card like this.The card I was to alter was already stamped and sponged front and back.

 So, I had to figure out HOW to alter this card- so I added more sponging and outlined the border with German Scrap Gold Trim.
 I added another fan that Margo sent back to back- so you see the same fan when you open up the card.
 Here is the inside:
 The Kanji is from Bird Song by Graphic 45 and the fan 'tail' and jewels came with the kit.

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've decided that I am crowing you
Queen of the Orient!
You always create the most stunning Oriental cards.
Wishes
Lynne

Desire Fourie said...

A beautiful asian design and I love how you changed your friend's card with the gold trimming.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

MiamiKel said...

WOW, Shel - these are breathtaking! What gorgeous colors and designs - unique and eye catching!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW the geisha theme is rocking and I love the way you made the butterfly
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts School Projects

*Vicki* said...

Shelley, these are so gorgeous!! I love your fun fancy wavy fold design!! The papers you've used are perfect! :) Hope you enjoy the weekend! HUGs

Penny said...

What a cool idea to share kits with someone! And how fun to see what you both did with them! All four of these cards are so beautiful! Love the geishas and pretty papers, as well as all of the designs! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Stef H said...

omgoodness! are these gorgeous! i LOVE asian and don't do nearly enough of it. absolutely gorgeous!

a stamper friend of mine said she was cleaning out and i told her i'd take any care package she wanted to send me... joking of course. needless to say she sent me about a dozen stamp sets (no SU) and boy not a duplicate for me in the entire batch! sooooooooooo... i'm just sayin... if you ever want to "get rid" of a few things... i'm not picky - LOL.

air still off tho i did turn it on for about a hour this morning because it was just too stuffy. now it's just a tad humid, but really cool... only 75 INSIDE!

have a great weekend.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous swap - the cards are all beautiful and I love the way you have both used the same basic kit and got totally differing results!
Blessings
Maxine

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Clever clever cards Shelley, well done!!Shaz in Oz.x

trisha too said...

Shelly, these are all gorgeous.

As in, really beautiful.

Lynne is right, you wear the crown!

:)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Love your cards. How creative to cut another face out. I wouldn't have thought to do that. Your fan card is stunning.

jimlynn said...

Shelly, this is awesome!!!! It looks just like an artist painting. So lovely!
Lynn

Renee said...

Shelley these are both beautiful! You did an outstanding job!

Joan Ervin said...

I love oriental cards, Shelly, and this one is a real beauty!!! The image is beautiful and I love the beautiful black paper in the background...absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the shape of your friends card, too...sooo pretty!!!

Heike said...

A fabulous set of cards. So beautiful and well-designed.
Happy crafting, Heike

Laura said...

Sounds like a lot of FUN, what a great idea to swap kits. There are all sooo Gorgeous!!!!

Marilyn said...

What talented ladies you are!
I love your card and the Asian design. That little fan at the top is the best embellie and finishes it off perfectly.