Sunday, October 10, 2010

RIP- Sophie M

  This past week, a very special person was tragically killed in an auto accident. Her name is Sophie- we spent the afternoon at the Memorial Service- it was very sad. One cannot come away from a service like this with the realization that God can take us any day-any time without warning.  Don’t forget to tell your loved ones that you love them every opportunity you have!!!  Inspired by SCS and the Featured Stamper Jenn, this is the card I made:

























  I have this gorgeous Cally Lilly by IBFS- Stampinback line- that is perfect for sympathy cards AND for wedding cards.  I colored the image with Copics and cut it out- layering it on the base with dimensionals on the Lt side of the flower- sadly, my camera battery went dead after taking this photo- so no close up of the layering aka Paper Tole. I also did an Out of the Box technique with the Nestability, and a Wisped Frames technique. (Techniques from the Technique Junkies newsletter).  I added a very tiny line of clear Copic Spika for shimmer around the top layer of flower, and the bottom flower has a thin line of C1 around the border.  The Green matches better IRL……
  The sentiment is by Firecracker Designs By Pamela- HERE is the link to check out this set- it is 50% off for the FCD going out of business sale going on now. 
A couple of challenges:
AI Factory- Embossing
No Time to Stamp-Back to Nature
Stamp Something-Punches or Dies
Annabelle Stamps-No DSP

Thanks for stopping by! 
Shelly

17 comments:

Terry said...

This is a touching and lovely card! I know exactly how this feels to abruptly lose a loved one. My thoughts are with Sophie's family and friends! Very sad!

linda said...

So sad, and such a pretty card.

Kerrie said...

Such a beautiful card, my thoughts are with all family and friends of Sophie's....

Carrie said...

Such a lovely card sorry its for such a sad occasion. You really did a beautiful job on it.

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful sympathy card!

Marilyn S said...

Your card is beautiful Shelly, just gorgeous.

MA said...

Your card is gorgeous but bittersweet. What embossing folder was used?

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous card for such a tragic loss... you are right too.. we just never know.. sending good wishes your way and to the family.

jimlynn said...

Shelly this is just gorgeous! So sad, but a lovely card for the family
Lynn

Laura said...

Shelly,Im so sorry to hear that you lost a loved one.I have lost my dad and sister.And just last week I could have lost my son.The heart break that one has to go through is overwhelming.My prayer are with you and the family.About your card,It's amazing.I love that image.I got to search for that one.

Alissa said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sophie. You're right. Tragic events due tend to remind us of how everything can be taken so quickly. This card is a beautiful tribute.

paige said...

So sorry for your loss of a friend. Your beautiful card will help bring comfort to her family.

Chrissy D said...

This is GORGEOUS> I am so sorry for your loss! (((HUGS)))

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Annie said...

Shelly, I am so sorry for your loss. And you are so right, God could call any one of us home at any time...
Your card is gorgeous!!!

P.S. going to call the hubster now

Anne said...

Shelly my thoughts are with Sophie's family, how very sad and shocking for them. Your card is beautiful and elegant
Anne
x

Juliet A said...

This is so elegant! It has a lot of texture, but doesn't seem fussy at all.