Sunday, October 3, 2010

Featured Stamper at SCS-Ali Manning

Ali Manning is a Technique Junkie and a co-owner of the Gingersnaps Challenge Blog. Today she is the Featured Stamper at SCS. I was inspired by about everything in her gallery, but when I saw this card- I knew immediately that would be my inspiration for the day!

I made this card for my daughter- a celebration of sorts- she was named one of 6 semi-finalists for the National Merit Scholar- which is quite the honor for her.  She works really hard at her studies, and we are really proud of her! Congrats Stephi- You Rock!


























I had this set by My Favorite Things on my desk to make a card for Stephi, and when I saw the paper piecing (which I have only done once or twice in the past)……I was sold!  I used up some SU DSP that I had been hoarding.  I colored the image with Copics and added glitz with the Copic Spica Pens. The sentiment is popped up on pop-dots and brads hold the label punch layer.

Challenges for this card:
Card Positioning Systems- Sketch
Crafty Ho’s-National Children’s Day
Gingerloft-Glitter or bling
Cowgirl Sunday-Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin-Punches
One Stop Craft-Congrats theme
Stamp Something-Celebrations
365 # 215-3 P’s; Polka Dots, Paper Piecing, Pop up dots
Thanks for stopping by today! 
Shelly

20 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Cute card and cograts to your daughter for doing so well!!

Karen Howard said...

I'm sure she will love this card! I love the colors and you rocked the paper piecing!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Shelly this is a darling card! I enjoyed visiting your blog today ;)

Karli said...

Congrats to you & your daughter- that is a wonderful accomplishment! She will luv, luv, luv her card I'm sure! Big Hugs~

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card ROCKS! Adorable!!!

Thank you for joining the Crafty Ho Challenge this week!

stampingmarianne said...

Great card! Love the sparkle on it!
Thanks for playing along at cowgirl sunday challenge!
Marianne

Unknown said...

Fabby card...love the cute image!! Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Carrie said...

big congrats to your daughter. I'm sure she'll love this card it's so cute

Poppet said...

Lovely card for a lovely reason. Congrats to your daughter for being nominated.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at CSSC. :-) xx

Lea L. said...

Cute card!! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

Annie said...

this is very-very CUTE card. Your daughter will sure love this card!

Patty Gorka said...

Congratulations to your daughter, she is sure to love this card- it's awesome!

Tracey Feeger said...

Great card. Love the image and the DP. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Anonymous said...

Cute card.Just adore the colour combo.Congrats to your daughter too!Thanks for joining us at CSSC :D
Lisa x

Jan Hennings said...

I bet she'll love this! So cute!

sgc said...

What a wonderful card! I love the paper piecing on it. Congratulations to your daughter. You should be so proud:) Thanks for palying along with the Crafty Hos.

Gina said...

Fabulous papers! They really go well with that image:D Thank you for joining us at Cowgirls Sundays XXX

Kathy said...

Adorable card for your dd, and what an accomplishment for her, you must be SO proud.

Jo said...

such a great card, congrats to your daughter :)
Thank you for joining us at sweet stampin
Jo xx

jimlynn said...

Such a cute, cute, card - AND kudos and high fives to your daughter! Fabulous. I know yall are so proud of her and she should be so proud of herself! Quite an honor!
Lynn