Thursday, August 19, 2010

Creative Inspirations-Summer Inspiration

The Creative Inspirations Paint challenge for today (for Design Team A) is a Summer theme.  The house I grew up in had a river in the back yard- the mighty Kankakee River!  We would spend our days fishing, wading in the river and catching dragonflies….such great memories!    Here is the card I created:
IMGCIpaintnplaydatecolors 
Here is a close up of the glimmer:
CIsummernplaydatecolors
I used the Play Date Cafe colors for their challenge on my card:
PDCC43photo
** If you play along with the challenge at The Play Date Cafe this time around, you can WIN some of these fantastic Creative Inspirations Paints
  I used Copics G000, G5, and B02 for my dragonfly. I used CI paints Evergreen, Sky Blue and Turquoise and my Aqua painter.  I took a dab of the Sky Blue and mixed it with a few drop of H20-making a very thin and dilute color, and did a color wash around the image all of the way to the edge past the letters.
Stamp is retired SU
  For the BG, I added a Turquoise CI paint to a Mini Mister with H20 making the color nice and ‘deep’, and spritzed the paint mixture over a piece of lace.
To see what the other DT members created, go to the Creative Inspirations Blog HERE. Also, check the CI blog for the winner of the CI Blog Hop Candy- Good Luck!
If you have CI paints, we want to see what you are creating- please link your card/project to the CI blog- look up on the right at the top.
Other challenges:
Character Cafe-bright and sparkly
Totally Gorjuss-aqua-color or water
Crafty Pad-Glitz and glitter
Paper, Scissors, Rocks-Green and Blue
My time to craft-Glitz and Glitter
ABC-B is for Blue

  I am a very visual paper crafter- I am always making charts to match up papers and inks.  Here are pictures of (some of) my charts:
CIpaintsandswatches
The Copics charts are ATC sized (3 1/2” x 2 1/2”)- I keep them with my markers in their cases- portable so I can hold it next to the project I am working on to try and choose the best color.
The Ranger Distress Ink swatches- I brayered on the ink to a small piece of cardstock.
The CI paints- I painted on the cardstock strips in color families.
The SU cardstock is on a ring and I keep all of the current and retired colors, plus in-colors on the ring.
CIswatcheswithCopics
This is the Copic storage- I slide the ATC sized color swatches right into the plastic of the case where I can easily remove it when needed. I have the CI swatches by color ‘families’ as well. Below is a closer view.
CIpaintswatchescloseup  
Thanks for stopping by today- This weekend, stop by for a FCS Blog Hop!
Shelly

26 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Your card is FAB GF! Shimmer looks so great on those wings. (The stamp co from my post is Lasting Impressions with Panache)Talk about organization....oh dear, I'm happy for you but never in a million years could I be organized in any way, guess you would go insane here! lol....hugz

Stef H said...

what a stunning card!

and fabulous way to keep your copics. i'm very impressed!!!!

we haven't golfed galena since before we were married!!!! hubby still talks about it tho' lol.

have a great day!

hugs :)

sparkles said...

I, too, was going to say how well organised you are ! All my craft stuff is in boxes ready to move, but managed to unpack lol
Lovely use of copics
Barbara

Terry said...

Love, love your dragonfly card! It is gorgeous! I want a house with a view of a lake or river. How fun that must have been as a child!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the shimmer. Thanks for playing along with my Random Amusing Challenge

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is GORGEOUS!! Love the shimmer Shelly.

TinaB said...

Beautiful!!! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad Hugs Tina xx

Alissa said...

This card is gorgeous even though I'm terrified of dragonflies (I know, I know, they don't bite). :)

I'm also ultra OCD with charts and color coding, too, so this is very much appreciated, Shelly!

Laura said...

What a fantastic job on this card.I love it.TFS

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh my goodness, that is so organised, but so worth it i guess!?!! Love the shimmer on the dragonfly, a great choice of subject for this week's play date cafe challenge :)

Clare said...

I love dragonflies, your card is so beautiful, you really got some great shimmer on this one!!

Ruby said...

Lovely card, your shimmer is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing how you do your colour matching, I have just been thinking up ideas for my copics so it came in handy for me! Thanks for sharing, and glad you could join in the fun over at the PDCC with us this week!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love your card! Great job! The background is very pretty...and the image is great! Love the shimmer! Neat color charts you made, what a neat idea!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful, Shelly! Love the pretty shimmer wings.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful use of the PDCC colors - the BG came out wonderfully as well as the shimmer on your dragonfly. Glad the CIDT could play along with the PDCC this week!

Ashley Newell said...

What a pretty card! And hello swatches! I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Kendra said...

Cool and different... love your colour swatches too... something I really NEED to do! Thanks for joining us at TCC this week :)

Fink said...

Glitter wings is perfect for sparkle! Thanks for joining us at TCC!

CarlaKH said...

You are so organized! Love that sparkly dragonfly!

Suzanne C said...

Love that dragonfly. So beautiful! Lovely shimmery goodness! So glad you and the CIDT joined us this week at the PDCC!

Creative Inspirations said...

Very cool card, love the shimmer on the wings. I could never be that organized, I am jealous.

Donna said...

Gorgeous dragonfly and I love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs, Donna x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! This is so pretty--that dragonfly is FAB! I love your paints that you used--matching perfectly!! And what a great organizational tool!!! I need to get some copics--must remember your way of organizing:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Anne said...

Very pretty, classy card, love it!

Great idea with all the colour swatches:)

Kathy said...

So organized Shelly. I should keep a cardstock ring, so smart. I use my copic chart all the time, and love it. You are one ORGANIZED crafter!

Kathy said...

I only commented on the organization the first time, LOL. That dragonfly card is wonderful, I have that stamp and need to go and find it now. The sparkle really shows in the close up, just lovely!