Saturday, August 14, 2010

Creative Inspirations Special Edition Paints-Blog Hop

   Creative Inspirations Paint is Celebrating their One Year Anniversary!  Molly (CI owner) has just released a special edition set of four paints. The colors are: Ivory, Beige, Burgundy and Denium. These four paints will be available as a set  and individually now through the end of this year- at which time they will be retired.
To Celebrate- we are having a Blog Hop! It is our very first hop as a Design Team- I hope you will join in the fun!  The Hop begins at the Creative Inspirations Blog. I am the second stop- so glad to see you!
Here is the card I made for the celebration:






















and a close-up of the glimmer:

















 The Ivory and Beige are sponged onto white cardstock in addition to Creamy Carmel SU ink. The image is colored with CI paints- special edition colors plus Emerald Green mixed with Sage. The Brads were colored with Burgundy paint. The ribbon was white and was painted with Beige paint.I sponged a light touch of Denium around the edges of the card stock, and to finish off the card, I popped up the bird and the flowers.  I am loving how well the Burgundy coordinates with the SU Rich Razzleberry DSP.
Stamps are SU Spring Song.
 The Blog Hop runs through Wednesday at 12 midnight. You will need to pick up a clue on each stop along the way to answer a question back at the Creative Inspirations Paint Blog when you are finished hopping.  My Clue is B.

The winner will be announce Thursday on the CI blog.  Here is a picture of the prize:















Good Luck to you!
 Your next stop is Clare’s Blog.

I am entering this card in the Gingersnap Paint challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Shelly

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. Those paints are gorgeous. S x

froebelsternchen said...

Fantastic...oh wow I love those card!

Carrie said...

wow Shelly this card is beautiful and I love the details in the close up shot.

BarbaraW said...

Shelly This is awesome. Great use of the new colors. Love the popped images.

StampinCathy said...

This is beautiful. I just love that flower and hummingbird.

Joanne Gilch said...

Can't wait to see the rest of the DT designs and creations. Yours is gorgeous. Gotta hop.

~ Kendra ~ said...

BEAUTIFUL card Shelly! Love the details of the hummingbird! Great pictures as well!

Kassi said...

beautiful! great job

Terry said...

Your hummingbird is so sweet! Love the colors! Fabulous!!

Linda Carson said...

What a BEAUTY! Love the coloring & dimension!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, the colors work perfectly with the hummingbird and flowers!

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful card, thanks so much for sharing! :)

Clare said...

Fabulous image and I love how you sponged the background!

jimlynn said...

So pretty Shelly! I think I need to get off my "duff" and get more paint ordered! I'm off to the next blog on the "hop"~
Lynn

slbt17 said...

beautiful!
Sandra

Brenda said...

this card is,gorgeous!

PatS said...

I love hummingbirds. Great card!

paige said...

Ooh pretty card! The glimmer really makes this card outstanding!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful Card Shelly, amazing!

Tish said...

This is such a lovely card using such an interesting product.
Tish cattish@verizon.net

joy said...

Beautiful glimmer in the hummingbird wings!

SmilynStef said...

Love the cool effect of sponging ... gorgeous card.

Ashley Newell said...

This is so pretty! The hummingbird is just fantastic!

juli (sweetpz) said...

beautiful card! i love the pop-up of the bird anad flower and the shimmery of the background!
thanks for sharing!
juli

Laura said...

Gorgeous card!TFS

Creative Inspirations said...

That card is beautiful. Love the hummingbird!

Patty Gorka said...

What an amazing card, Shelly! Love all of the detail and how you have them popped up. Just gorgeous!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful, love the background you created. I think I have this image, off to look. I want to case your card for sure. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathy said...

This is beautiful, love the background you created. I think I have this image, off to look. I want to case your card for sure. Thanks for the inspiration.

Traci S. said...

Hi there~

I love the card that you made! Those colors work fabulously in it!
I love how you used the new colors!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!

Robin Parker said...

Love the image and the color combination. Your charm accent is delightdul.

Neet said...

This is so pretty - lovely work.

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely, Shelly - thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

Anonymous said...

Merci d'avoir un blog interessant