Wednesday, September 16, 2009

FCD Blog Hop -Greetings and Salutations!


Welcome to the first Firecracker Designs By Pamela Blog Hop for Design Team 04! This month's theme is "Greetings & Salutations." We were asked to create any piece of art using our FCD monthly set that focused on this theme.

**********************************


The official start time of this Hop is Friday, September 18, at 8:00 AM (EST). If you arrived early, please be patient as all the links may not be live yet.

My sweet set is this little girl and her kitty, and includes sentiments, Hello, Purrfect , Friend, a ball of yarn and a footprint. I have been having fun with this set- for the blog hop, I used my Stampin Up markers and an Aqua painter using a technique called marker watercolor. I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
I tried Flower Soft for the first time on this card on the little girls Pony Tail holder. It is so simple and easy to apply! I ordered the Floral Bouquet Sampler-which has 7 jars of flower soft included.
For my card layout, I used a tutorial from the Technique of the week on Splitcoaststampers called Recessed Window Frame .
I altered the size of the opening to fit the stamp by using the measurements in the post, and just making the middle opening the size of the opening I needed. I drew a line corner to corner (top left to bottom right, and top right to bottom left), drew in the 2nd line outside of the (picture) opening line and cut slits on the lines. (Gardendiva has pictures from Feb 2 if you need visuals- here is a picture of the cuts required).
This is a “circular blog hop” where the only beginning is wherever you start!! You will know you are at the end of your blog hop when you’ve come back to the blog you’ve started from! (It’s not a huge circle…so it should be easy to remember where you started.). Please leave messages on the blog posts- you may WIN a prize Pamela is offering on a "Mystery Hostess" blog.
The winner will be chosen from a mystery blog hostess that will be announced when the hop is over…so that’s why you’ll want to leave a comment on EVERY blog, so you don’t miss out!
**To find out if you’ve won… you will be contacted by Pamela via e-mail (so be sure to leave it with your comment.) and you can also find out on Pamela’s blog after the blog hop ends on Mon, September 21, at 8:00 PM (EST).**
Now, to continue the circle, you will need to hop on over to Tesa's blog and keep going until you’ve come back to where you’ve started!
Thanks so much for playing along with us and we hope you have a great time!
Shelly

34 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Great Shelly! I *LOVE* red and the recessed frame is fabulous!

Ursula said...

What a gorgeous card, Shelly! I love the vibrant colors of the frame, matched with the soft watercolors of the images! Great idea to use the touch of FS in her hair pony, too! :o)

Libby Hickson said...

Shelly I love this - that frame is so neat and the image is adorable!!

Susan Knauber said...

That is such a cute stamp and I admire your patience coloring that in. I love the FS in her hair too. I am intrigued by the recessed frame too. Susan K
sknauber1@comcast.net

TesaB said...

Beautiful! What an amazing design with that frame. Love the red colors, and the image is as sweet as could be!

Donna Moore said...

Ms Shelly, I love this! That is such a sweet stamp and you have done a marvelous job with your colorings and unique framing! Fantastic job!!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

awww - this is SO sweet!! Great job!

FireCracker082 said...

awww, this came out great! I LOVE the framed idea on a card...it really works with this one! FS on her hair band is a great way to spice it up too!! FUN!

Anonymous said...

Love it, thanks for sharing. Have a great day, Hugs n' Stuff, Lynne

Juliet A said...

Very cute - I love how you used the flower soft, too.

I wonder if a person could flower soft the whole kitty? naw...

Deli said...

This is such a nice card. I like how you picked the FS to make it just a little more dimentional.

yvonnew said...

Very, very nice!
weysey@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I really need to try this technique! I love the way it accents your image.

-Theresa, aka 21stamper at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job coloring this card. This little girl looks so content with her kitty......Thanks for sharing.
dj_enns@yahoo.com

Darla said...

Great colouring!! Like the use of the flowersoft too, adds just a bit of dimension to the image to match your frame.

Thanks for sharing
Darla
darlamcc at eastlink dot ca

Anonymous said...

Very sweet! And the frame is perfect!

Rachelle

Lulu said...

Love this!!

Anonymous said...

That recessed frame is great. It looks hard to do. Love the flower soft on the scrunchie.
tonilea
jiffy1212@aol.com

Barbara said...

Girls and Kittens -what a wonderful combination. Love the card.

kc_froglady said...

What a great job framing :) I really like the small details you added in and the flower soft for the hair ribbon is great idea! Glad to have you on the team!

Barbara said...

Little girls and kittens, what a match. Love the touch of flower soft.
It really gives it texture. Barbara
boschem@wildblue.net

freida said...

Girl, you know how to work that aqua painter!!! This is GORGEOUS! Love all the detail!

Freida
freida38801@yahoo.com

Heidi said...

Very nice, like the frame idea.

christina d said...

I love the card. Now I have an idea for this set.

Christine said...

very nice job. The image is so realistic! Great color choices.. just in case my email does not show up with my screename it is xtinejonick79@gmail.com

Christine said...

nice job! The image is so realistic and you had great color choices to go with it. Just in case my email does not show up with my screename its (xtinejonick79@gmail.com)

Martha said...

What a great image that kitten and girl makes! Nice job!

Sandy Knecht said...

Such a sweet card! Here kitty, kitty!

Dawn Frost said...

Very nice card, the frame is great!

Kathy said...

Love the frame, such a great technique. Your coloring and color you used look fantastic. Lovely card.

froebelsternchen said...

Shelly that´s a cute image and your Design ist great!
hugs Susi

joyduvall said...

So cute! Takes me back to my younger days.
joy.duvall@gmail.com

Diane said...

Beautiful coloring! Very cute design with the recessed window. I may have to get this set for my cat Rosie :-)

Etha said...

the recessed window is amazing on this cuddly card :) love the touch of flower soft, so playful!