Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sweet Dreamer's Challenge #8 Ebony and Ivory

For my Sweet Dreamers Blog Group Challenge #8, we are to create a card with the theme Ebony and Ivory. Can you believe I have NEVER made a black and White card before???

I decided to make a card for my soldier box that is just about ready to go to Iraq. I recently read that a highly desired sentiment is "Miss You". I used a more masculine theme, but nuturing at the same time- perfect for a soldier to send to his/her daughter or son, don't you think? BG paper is by making memories, Stamps Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Elephants on Parade

.

I think the soldiers will like this card- they do not pay postage from Iraq to mail letters home. I hope it will warm someone's heart!

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Shelly

14 comments:

TesaB said...

It's beautiful! What a great image and sentiment. I have never done a black and white card, but I think I should try!

Sande said...

Shelly

Great card and I'm sure the soldiers will love it.

Juliet A said...

I love them both! those papers are darling, I would never have thought to use them with the elephants, but it really works. Great job!

Andrea M said...

Great card - love the elephants :)

Cassie_lu said...

great card and the added tag is cute

paige said...

This is a wonderful challenge card! And a great card to send to the soldiers.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Great job! I don't think I've ever made a totally black and white card before either. You have made me want to try!

Kathy said...

Great job with the challenge. Love that sentiment with the elephants, so cute. Really great miss you card. I'm sure a soldier will love to send this home.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wonderful card. love your sentiment for the elis!
thank you for your kind comment on one of my cards over on SCS
hugs
claudia

kc_froglady said...

This card is super! I love how you used all black and white and the idea of it being a nurturing card is wonderful. I am sure whatever soldier gets your cards will love them!

Mary G. said...

Shelly, you did a GREAT job with this challenge! I KNOW the soldiers will LOVE this card!

Donna Moore said...

I love these cards and the idea behind them, the black and white is so classic!! Great cards!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Shelly, What a gorgeous card - you are so very creative! I am so glad that you came to my blog (Thank You!) or I may never have found yours - I LOVE your work - and you DESIGN!!! I am loving it! You are inspirational Shelley!! Thanks for sharing!! God bless you!

Karli said...

wonderful job on the challenge! the sentiment goes perfectly! love it :)