Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Blog Challenge #6-Share a Hug


I wanted to make a sweet card for the little girl in the following post to satisfy the Sweet Dreamers Share a Hug challenge. My stamp set that I will be showcasing for Firecracker Designs by Pamela is a very sweet set and just perfect for this challenge. I set out to make a card that a little girl would love- I stamped the image, cut it out using the Stampin Up Big Shot Die called the Top Die Note, cut around the perforated edges and cut out a coordinating paper to mat it. I found the DP first- and some glorious Organdy ribbon at Archivers to coordinate with the design.
I decided to color this project with my Copic markers, and set of to color the image. I will list all of the colors I used for this image:
I started with her sweet face first. I used Copic markers: E000, E00, E11, R20.
Next, I colored her hair Y21, E31, E33, E35, E37.
I colored the floor with Copics E59, E25, E99, E33, E53-in that order, and then went on to blend it until it looked pleasing to the eye.
Next, I colored her shirt B00, and B02- this was a touch too blue, so I added G24 over the top. For the cat, I used C0, C2, C5, and C7
For the sentiment, I used Gray SU ink and overstamped the yarn with Soft Sky. The image and sentiment are outlined with bermuda Bay CS from SU.
I added Shimmerz in Angel Wings to her hair tie and to the yarn.

I hope you enjoy this sweet card. I want to share with you the story of the little girl I made this card for- maybe you will consider sending her a card as well?

http://scrapstampandbemerry.blogspot.com/2009/09/looking-for-some-help-please-ladies.html You could always send a card to her. Here's her address:

Paige Welch
Boston Children's Hospital
300 Longwood Ave.
Boston, MA 02115

If you send a card to Paige, make sure to link your blog post on Erin's blog. She has some fabulous blog candy up for grabs!

I think I will send along something for her to add to her blog candy- because I think this is a fabulous project!

Here is the stamp set I will be designing with this month for Firecracker Designs by Pamela:
Hello friend-Girl with Cat

All of the stamps shown above are only $8.99!

Thanks for looking!
Shelly




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute card and NICE coloring!

Mary G. said...

Great card, Shelly! I KNOW Paige will adore it!!

Vicki said...

Shelly, this is amazing! Such beautiful colors and a wonderful stamp! Awesome job! Blessings to you!

Francie G. said...

This is precious! Such wonderful coloring! A special card for a special little girl!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Lovely Shelly!

Kathy said...

Great card, Shelly. I love this image and what you did with it. It is perfect to send to Paige, I bet she'll love it.

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute!!! Love the image you used!!!

Cindy said...

Shelly, your card is wonderful! I'm sure Paige wll just love it!! Great coloring!!

CarlaKH said...

so pretty!

Donna Moore said...

Oh Shelly what a sweet card! I think you got this one pegged; I'm sure Paige will love it. I went to the link about the accident and will be mailing a card out to Paige tomorrow, thanks for letting us know. Of course she will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Donna Moore said...

Hmmm, just posted a comment but it didn't take. :( Your card is awesome, this set is actually one of my favorites, I plan to get it really soon!!! I read about the accident and will be sending a card out to Paige tomorrow, thanks for letting us know!

TesaB said...

Aaawwww, that is totally adorable! Lovely card for a great cause! I know Paige will cherish it! LOVE how you combined the sentiment with the ball.

Ursula said...

What a sweet card! Such a thoughtful idea, too; Paige will surely be cheered by it! love the teal color with her red hair! :o)