Friday, September 25, 2009

Christmas Card and a 10 year Old girls sketch challenge


One of the stampers in my blogger group-Tami- has a 10 yr old daughter that is quite a talented stamper, and she wanted to start a blog- and so she did- and she is sponsoring a sketch challenge! Here is the link to her blog:
http://www.alyssundaychallenge.blogspot.com/

I have been working on coming up with a sketch for this image for a couple of weeks- it is not my stamp set, so I just have a few of these images to work with. I love the sketch and right away saw it would work for my card. Here are the deets:
Creamy Carmel CS for the base. I have the image from SU Holy Triptych on Whisper White CS. I used SU markers and the Aquapainter to color in the image- with a tad of stickles on the yellow star and the halos.

Markers used: Blush Blossom, Ruby Red, Yo Yo Yellow, Blue Bliss, Ballet Blue, Creamy Carmel, Going Gray, Close to Cocoa.

I took Creamy Carmel CS, swiped the CC ink pad over it, next I swiped the Close to Cocoa ink pad over it, then the Choc Chip ink pad. Finally, I swiped the Whisper White Craft ink pad over the top. I ran it through the Big Shot and highlighted the raised areas with Close to Cocoa ink. The turorial for this is on SCS and it is called Faux Wood Frame I centered the image, then added 2 straight strips to the outside edges- they are 1 1/4 inches wide each. Then, I cut out two toppers for the top- the bottom one is 2 3/4 inches from the top and at the center tip-3/4" from the center top. Next, I cut out a second topper measuring 2 3/8" on the outsides, and at the center tip 9/16" and this top 'layer' topper is applied with dimensionals.
I took Creamy Carmel CS, and ran my ink pad over it and cut it in small strips ~ 1/8" each and ran them through the crimper. I cut random small pieces and glued them down for a 'hay' look, and then bundled 3 groups with DMC 610 to complete the sketch challenge.

I am making 8 of these tonight, and now have only about 80- Christmas cards to go! I want to make Christian/Nativity themed cards this year, so I am getting busy now!

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Shelly

5 comments:

Tami said...

This is a great card. Aly loves it. This is a very unique creation.

Anonymous said...

what a fantastic idea!!

Cassie_lu said...

so very sweet

Karli said...

amazing how real that faux wood looks. Great job & hope you're able to get all 80 done! Wow :)

Kathy said...

What a great take on Aly's sketch. The barn looks so realistic, beautiful card.