Friday, February 17, 2017

Haiku

Haiku Poems  consist of three lines. The first and last lines have 5 syllables and the middle line has 7 syllables. Rarely do they rhyme



 This card was so fun to make- a little time consuming- but I love the way it turned out!  I used dies from Frantic Stamper of the little Paper Doll Geisha's and Washi paper. The backing behind that is paper I bought in China a few years ago.
 I used some Graphic 45 Bird Song paper for the background layer. When I worked on my Haiku, I decided to add a little Basic Grey Bird.
  To see my little cheat about using the dies with many little parts, scroll to the end of this post.

 This is the card I received back:

This was made by Laurel S in the About Oriental Art Yahoo Group- I think it is stunning!

 Here is a little look-see on how I use these little dies with ease:
I apply 2" double sided tape to the back of the cardstock before I die cut- if you forget, you can add it after you die cut and roll the die thru the rollers again : )


 You would add more tape if the dies were larger (just add it side by side on the cardstock).
 And, Viola- dies are stick on the back : )


You will just peel off the white tape and viola- your die cut has a sticky back.


Challenges:
Alphabet Challenge- Y is for You Choose
Cut it Up- Scene card/Use dies

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

16 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, your card is adorable and a lot goes into this with being exact with the wording. You need to be a literature major not a nurse to do your cards, hehe. You are so creative and put so much detail into each on - I just need to chill and relax.

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous wee girls Shelly - you are so creative! Love your haiku too.
the card you received in return is stunning.
thanks for the tip about cutting lots of small pieces
Blessings
Maxine

:: BlueInks :: said...

That first card is so cute - the hair and bow on the girl in green! Your attention to detail shows well!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh those dolls do look so cute..you are tempting me to go hunt for those dies
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I think paper is a great souvenir to bring back from a trip. You get to reminisce every time you use it. I bet you use it sparingly to make it last! Your card is beautiful and cute all at once! Thanks for joining us for our Bendy/Scene Card challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your cards are fantastic... and the tape information is so helpful! THANKS!

jimlynn said...

Wow! Gorgeous card. I love that background paper! Thanks for the die cutting tip too. Great!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

That is very cool the way you've incorporated this knowledge into your design Shelly!! I love that wonderful poem and such a cute design too!! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! HUGS

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a sweet poem for your lovely ladies!! Thanks for this fabulous tip about Scor-tape on the backs of your die cuts! Genius!! I will certainly be giving this a go!!

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! I love the design and the beautiful background paper you used!! The haiku is fabulous!! What a gorgeous card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

MiamiKel said...

These are also beautiful Shelly !

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What an awesome tip you shared. I would never have thought of adding the tape prior to cutting. Your card does look like it took a lot of time and is gorgeous. The geishas are just too stinkin' cute. The card you received is lovely as well.

Gerda said...

What a gorgeous card!! I love the background paper you used!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge! Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

So cute and what a great card this is! This looks like it took a bit of time but well worth it because it is cute, cute, cute!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Great sticker technique and lovely cards

Cazro said...

So cute. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.