Monday, February 27, 2017

CYS In the Air

 I have joined a group on Splitcoast where we are Challenged to 'Use our Stash'. Additionally, each month we have a theme- this month is 'In the Air'. Such a challenge gets you looking in your stash for some ideas- I had a hard time making a decision, so made 2 cards again this month......


 I bought this stamp set from Hero Arts at CHA in 2008..... and am so happy to finally use it!  The background was inspired by a Unity technique video : )  I used Distress inks, Versamark and Silver EP. I just love the way this turned out : )

 As long as I had the Distress Inks out, I inked up another piece of cardstock using many ink colors and stencils. I have Elizabeth Crafts Designs stickers that are used with Glitter Ritz and colored (over the Glitter Ritz) with Copics.



 Challenges:
Oh la la- Embossing
Alphabet Challenge- Y is your choice
4 Crafty Chicks- Stencils

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

18 comments:

Lisa said...

Both cards are so gorgeous!! I love the colors of the background!! The dragonfly is so beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tammy said...

Two fabulous cards Shelly! I love the background on your space card and that dragonfly is gorgeous on your second card! Also, a big thanks for joining us over at Alphabet challenge blog!
Hugs, Tammy

Dr Sonia S V said...

How that space background is simply "WOW"!!!
Love the little spaceships zooming about

Cheers
Dr Sonia

Margaret said...

Fabulous job with the challenge. The colors are so beautiful. Love the outer space scene you created.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Awesome work. I love the bg on your cards, especially the second one. It's great to use up "stash".

Donna said...

Wow, Shelly!Isn't it amazing what you can do with embossing and distress inks. Gorgeous cards. I really should join that group and use my stash. Hope you have an awesome week!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, your cards are awesome! I, too, had to try that galaxy background. It was fun, wasn't it?

Lori Turner said...

Both cards are very pretty! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

*Vicki* said...

Both of these creations turned out FANTASTIC Shelly!! I really love your work with the distress inks and your background!! Great way to use up that stash too! ;) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Lisa Lynn said...

Shelly, both of your cards are just gorgeous. You are so creative even with scraps!

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards, I love the background on the first one.
Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
Pauline
x

Laura said...

Oh shelly I saw your fist card On Instagram, Its such a fun card and your background is awesome!! Both cards are SO Pretty

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous cards Shelly - love hte background on the top one in particular
Blessings
Maxine

Basslady said...

this is so cool and stylish!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Boy I love messing around with Distress inks. You get so INKY!!! Love it! Your cards are totally awesome. The space one is fabulous! What a great eye you have!

Deloris said...

Great cards! Love the background! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such gorgeous backgrounds on these wonderful designs, Shelly!! I, too, love distress inks!! They are amazing!!

This stunning dragonfly card is divine!!

Michelle J M said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous cards with us at Ooh La La Creations. The backgrounds are gorgeous. Michelle x