Monday, December 19, 2016

Holiday Wishes

I made a card for a 'Holiday' exchange, and not knowing the beliefs of my swap partner, wanted to be respectful, so made a generic card- using my pretty shimmery cardstock again : )


 This pretty ornament is from Michael Strong Stamps. It is embossed using Gold Fire Opal EP.  I added a die (that just arrived in the mail) from Die-Versions. I die cut it in Gold, then the leaves in green and the poinsettia in Cherry Cobbler. I added Gold stickles to the poinsettia center. And, rhinestones to the open circle areas in the die. I colored silver rhinestones with R39 Copic marker to get just the right color : )  I also added some YR24 to rhinestones for the Cherry Cobbler (red) layer with the ornament.

The background is my pretty shimmery cardstock that is from a resale shop, and it is embossed using the SU poinsettia EF.

Challenges:
Sparkle and Sprinkle- Use EP, glitter, flocking
Crafting When We Can- It's Christmas
One Stitch at a Time- AG with lots of glitter
Pile it on- Any Holiday Celebration
Corrosive Challenge- Silver or Gold
Alphabet Challenge- Use something Red

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

13 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW- this is amazing. Love that stamp.

Lisa said...

Oh, this is so gorgeous, Shelly!! I love the embossing and the pretty ornament!! The DV poinsettia border looks amazing!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful and well thought out Christmas card Shelly
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a pretty card with your shimmer paper. I really love your poinsettia border.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this card is so elegant and beautiful!

Donna said...

Shelly this is a stunning card! Love the beautiful ornament and that poinsettia embossed background. The border poinsettias are gorgeous and such wonderful detail. I bet your swap partner was amazed. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

Sall said...

Beautiful, love the shimmery glittery look to this. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us at OSAAT this fortnight, I hope you have enjoyed playing along as much as we have enjoyed seeing your talent. Love 'n' hugs Sall OSAAT DT.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

How beautiful! Love that background!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

What a beautiful card...love the use of the shimmer paper.

SandeeNC said...

Your card is beautiful!

*Vicki* said...

This is a gorgeous card Shelly! I really love the pretty shimmer and texture in your design!! Love that wonderful ornament image too!! HUGS :)

Barb said...

What a pretty card--I love the glimmer of your paper!

Lidia R. said...

Very pretty creation! Happy New Year 2017 !
Thank you very much for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog !!!
Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Lidia DT
http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/