Sunday, March 9, 2014

Washi fun- MFP Swap

 I joined in a swap in Feb. with Mark's Finest Paper with an Oriental theme. I made a card with a technique from the Technique Junkies called Washi Herringbone technique.
 I colored the image with Copics and cut it out with a slender white border.

Here are the cards I recieved back:
 This is from Pat G- I love this card- so sweet!

 This is from Cindy B. I love the embossed Kanji- what a cool touch!

And I am going to post Sue Wisniewski's card inside and out:

 So pretty IRL.

Mark's Finest Papers sent us a small stamp set for joining in the swap

 There is a swap in March, but it is not Oriental Themed. The next Oriental Swap is in April- there are still a few slots open- you can check it out HERE.


Thanks for stopping by!
 Shelly

10 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful cards Shelly - love the background on yours, it is so vibrant.
Blessings
Maxine

Stef H said...

you are definitely queen of asian creations in my book! these are fabulous! love that panda!!!!

looks like we're gonna get a bit of a warm up! yay!

hugs :)

Terry said...

Love your hummingbird beauty! So pretty with all those papers and the HB taking center stage! All the swap pieces are fabulous! Enjoy the week!

stamping sue said...

Hi Shelly! I was in this swap, too as you know. thank you so much for the nice compliments on my card. I recieved one of your cards and I really like it. I've done the herribone technique but never with washi tape. I'll have to try that.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

Love the washi background with such a pretty hummingbird! Fantastic card.
Lynn

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful swap cards! What a lovely stamp set - can't wait to see what you make! :)

*Vicki* said...

These are all fabulous makes!! I absolutely LOVE the background you've created on your design!! WOW! :) Thanks for popping in my friend! HUGS

Donna said...

Your cards is gorgeous. I love the washi tape technique. Very original looking. Lucky you with all those beautiful swaps you received and new stamps to boot.

Shirley said...

Your card is just so uplifting and beautiful! The others are very pretty too! TFS

Penny said...

Oh, my, I love this technique! Just a fabulous combination of colors and patterns for the overall effect! :^)
Love what you got in return, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny