Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Creative Belli Challenge #140

Our new Belli Challenge is to create with 3 shapes.


 I made a card using squares, triangles and hearts.  I thought it would be fun to make a card that is similar to a quilt- so I added a feather stitch via a Starving Artistamps stamp from a set of stitched images.
 I added a bird die from a Marianne die set. 

The Spirit of the Belli Challenge is to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments. I used twine and some Glimmer Mist that I need to use more- what a fun sparkly effect!

 When you upload your challenge card to any gallery (Splitcoast, Outlawz, CDAC, etc....), please use keyword CBC140

  We have alot of inspiration for you by the DT- and the new Belli has been announced- please check out the Creative Belli Blog for links to the DT cards and to see who the Belli and new Guest  Designer is!

We'd love to have you join us for the challenge!
Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

15 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that quilt effect Shelly - makes for a great looking card.
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this card is so pretty. Very creative, too. I love the way you added the bird and the patchwork look is awesome! Very nice!!!

Terry said...

Shelly, great use of the three shapes! Very fun card and the stitching is a great finishing touch! Happy Wednesday!

jimlynn said...

Precious! it really does remind me of a quilt too. Love the little house with heart!
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

This is adorable, Shelly....I love the patchwork background and the stitching looks awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Definitely like a homespun quilt. Something so heartwarming about this.
Wishes
Lynne

Cheryl said...

Love this! The quilted background is gorgeous. I love the creative way you met the challenge.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful!! What a gorgeous card, Shell - looks like a beautiful hand made quilt! x0x0

NanaConnie said...

Oh, Shelly, being a quilter as well as a card maker, you know I love this one! Fantastic job,lady. Great color palette.

Donna said...

What a fun card! Love your shapes and great idea.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a sweet card. Love the quilted look and the heart in the home is such a nice touch!

Anni said...

The house is so cute! Love the card!
Anni

paige said...

Love the quilt like card Shelly! Adding the stamped stitches was genius! I have some from HA in my stash somewhere...better go dig them out!

joy said...

This is a great card! I love how it looks like a quilt. Wonderful job meeting the challenge.

StephC said...

Lovely card! The quilt look is very pretty.