Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Creative Belli #120- The letter "G"

  My Blog Candy post is HERE thru 6/23 at 10PM CDT

Creative Belli Challenge #120 - the letter G 


                              The inside of my Gate ford card:
                      Tutorial for a gate fold card HERE.


   For the Creative Belli challenge- you have 2 weeks to create a new project that features an embellishment that begins with the letter G. Think about glitter, a gift card holder, a gift bag, Glimmer Mist, Old Glory (4th of July projects), green rhinestones, whatever you've got on hand.

  The spirit of the Belli challenges is to encourage you to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments!

"G" on the above card- Gate fold card, Glamorous Lady, Glitter, Green rhinestones and Green cardstock.  I used 'Sassy Hippo' a digital image by Fairydoodler available at McMahon Five Designs for my card. I colored her with Copic Markers and added Stardust Gelly Roll pen for shimmer. The DSP is Basic Grey. The Glitterstrip is a Technique Junkies Technique called Glitter Roll (I used Certainly Celery cardstock and white glitter) . I added green rhinestones for a bit more glitz. The rhinestones, glitter and ribbon are my forgotten embellishments.
 The sentiment is from Create with TLC.
For ideas and inspiration, check out the DT creations:

Ceal Pritchett
Anne Harmon
Jessica Stockmeyer
Joan Ervin
Maria Matter
Joy Hadden
Robin Parker
Mary Marsh
Karen Wallace

Also, if you upload a card to any galleries online  to Splitcoast , PCP, Stamp TV or another online gallery be sure to add CBC120 in the keywords section.

Challenges:
Scrap-creations- Going Grey and Animal Kingdom

Sentimental Sundays- Summer or Sparkly

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

12 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

Your sassy little hippo is adorable and what a great idea to make the gate fold card...you used such great G details!!!

joy said...

Cute, cute card that put a smile on my face! Beautifully colored!

Mary Marsh said...

wow shelly love all your "g"'s for this challenge. my mind didnt expand beyond glitter (lol)-love your sassy hippo

Unknown said...

LOL! Love your sassy hippo! You are making quite a few of us smile. That makes all we do, worth it, huh :-)

Juliet A said...

I did a double take, because everyone knows H is for Hippo, but Glamorous and Gate Fold are good, too! Very cute!

Ret said...

I love CUTE hippo's & this one is one of the cutest!! Joan is right, she's SASSY!!! hehe
It's colored beutifully. Thanks for sharing the tutorial also!

Robin Parker said...

Shelly, love you glamour lady Hippo. Great gate fold and the Basic Grey green designer paper. Your sentiment is perfect too!

Sharon said...

How fantastic - what a super fun card and fabulous image!!! Love it well done!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So cute! Thanks for the tutorial! I love gate fold cards! Thank You for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.
If you get a chance, pop over to me blog, I have a no strings attached blog candy offer with several prizes to win

Kathryn said...

Haha, this hippo image makes me laugh. Thanks for joining Sentimental Sundays :) !

--Kathryn

Mary C said...

Oh Shelly that hippo definitely made me giggle alot! Wonderful work. Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Sprytebyrd said...

What a perfect sentiment for this fun image! Gate folds are probably my favorite card and I love how you've done this one!
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments