Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Design Diva's Oldie but Goodies Blog Hop

Oldies but goodies refers to any stamps we have not used in 6 months...... I find this a great inspiration to get out stamps that I have not used.....

                                                                           and
 I have never used this stamp- I saw it and I had to have it...... It is by Prickley Pear Stamps.  I used the brayer and added color...they are pretty simple- I made them on glossy card stock.  I am making simple cards to send to a chemo center, so refrained from really glitzing up the card- but the image is so lovely, I think they look OK!
****************************************************************************************
The Design Diva's are a group of stampers on Facebook and we have a monthly Blog Hop using images that are greater than 6 months old. Our Title Acronym stands for: Divine, Inspirational, Virtuous, Artistic (or annointed) sistahs! Our group originated at Splitcoaststampers back a little over 2 yrs ago and has recently branched out to the new Facebook group. (I just joined a few months ago- so am a newbie to the group....).

 The blog you arrived from is Linda Reed Anderson.   My  blog is # 9 of 15 stops , so you are just past the 1/2 way point through the hop.  Now, on to visit Sue Walsh

Thanks so much for stopping by- and Thanks again for all of the Prayer Warriers who are saying prayers for my 4 yr old nephew - just diagnosed with Wilms tumor (kidney cancer). Please stop by   McMahon Five Designs and pick up this month's freebie Awareness digital image- you can see it on my sidebar!

Have a wonderful day!
Shelly

23 comments:

Carrie said...

I think they turned out great. I love both of them. I'm so ready for summer because our spring has been miserable. :)

Terry said...

I can't believe you have never used that stamp! Love your cards and the beautiful brayered backgrounds!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very nice Shelly! I love the silohuette (sp?) stamp on the brayered background. Awesome cards and awesome cause you are making them for. You rock!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Adore this image. I can see why you fell in love with it. The cards are fab. They may be simple, but what an impact.

Sparkly Engineer said...

Can you tell me who makes this image

rohjr@sbcglobal.net

Dru said...

Hi Shelly - I'm one of your sisters from the SCS Group. Your cards are just stunning - I love silhouette stamps but am never exactly sure how to use them - this is such a beautiful inspiration - I too love them both!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card Shelly! Congratulations you won the Clear Dollar Stamps prize for the blog hop on my blog!

Linda Anderson said...

Two gorgeous cards!!! I haven't used glossy paper and my brayer in forever! Guess that could be my next OBG card!!!! Thanks for the inspiration.
And congrats on being one of our blog hop winners at Clear Dollar Stamps. Please email Lori at lori@cleardollarstamps.com to claim your prize!

Linda

Juliet A said...

This is an amazing image, and I love how you used it! Perfect!

Barbara said...

Shelly, I love this stamp! I can see why you couldn't resist it -- I would grab it, too! Your brayering is perfect with the silhouette of the carnival.

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Shelly!! I love your design using the silhouettes! great job!
hugs & blessings!

Mary G. said...

Great job on these! What a fun image! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wouldn't have been able to resist that stamp either....Useful for so many cards! Love how you used it in both yours the brayered backgrounds are beautiful!

Cindy said...

Shelly, these are both beautiful, however the top one is my favorite!!
I love the twine and button!!
I need to get my brayer out more often!!

Alissa said...

Love the image. These came out great. They have a real vintage feel to them.

Holly said...

Wow, GORGEOUS cards, girl! Love that Ferris wheel image - I can see why you had to have that. :-) Prayers for your little nephew and your family!

Michele said...

so beautiful Shelly! and they are both so different. i love them both. xo

Sharri said...

Very pretty cards Shelly! I love that stamp with the brayered backgrounds!

Vicki said...

Wonderful image, Shelly! The brayered color is perfect for this image! You sure know how to "rock" some cards! Great getting to "hop" with you this month! I will be keeping all of you in my prayers. Hugs and blessings to you!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Your card is perfect! What fun and beautiful summer cards!!! Esp perfect because today they opened up a HUGE new Ferris wheel thing on the beach (that has carts that many people sit inside) I mean it is HUGE and you will not see me on it! hahahaha!!!
Thanks for sharing and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Heather

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

oh, and to let you know, my nephew was diagnosed with the same kind of cancer just around 7 years ago. They had to remove his kidney and he had to go through chemo and a lot of other things, but he made it through and was very strong and brave (for a 1 year old baby).
I will be praying for this sweet little 4 year old man you are asking prayer for. I know it is hard to watch a sweet child go through things like this.

We are having a little bit of an issue at the moment with Ethan. They are taking blood and urine samples, so prayers lifted for my 8 year old nephew would be appreciated as well.

Hugs and blessings. Heather

Cgra said...

These are fantastic! I love the brayering you did - so, so pretty.

Cheryl said...

Both cards turned out great! I love this image. I am SOOOO ready for summer.