Thursday, October 14, 2010

Little Things- Creative Inspirations Paints

 Hi- Happy Thursday!  I am returning to the Creative Inspirations Paint team for the third time- another three months- I LOVE these paints, so am excited to play with them and show you what I create with them.
 I started off my project with an invitation (for dinner):


































  The image is I Brake for Stamps.   I colored the image with Copics and then highlighted with CI paints Sage, Evergreen, TuTu Pink and Canary.

  I had the idea to make wine glass charms out of shrink plastic using the CI paint.  (They could also be used as accents for a card, for a cell phone charm, etc......)  Then, I thought what a cool idea it would be to try these with Nestability shapes:




 I know this die is available at trade shows from Our Daily Bread- because that is where I got it.   First, I made a ruler (on the Lt ) out of shrink plastic- what began as 2 1/2 inches is now 1 inch- that is how much your project will shrink.  Stamp the image onto the shrink plastic with Stazon. I colored the images strictly with CI paint, punched a hole at the top and then shrunk them with my heat gun. 




I used some CI paint to highlight the edge of the shrink plastic before I added the heat to give the edge some color- they are very sparkly IRL.





I hope you will join in the Creative Inspirations Paint challenges- the Current Challenge is Little Things- you do not have to use CI paint for your entry.  We would love to have you join us!

A few challenges:
Stamp Something-punches or dies- shrinky dink charms
Clean and Simple-sketch flipped
Our Daily Bread- Use Leaves
CD Sunday- Not a card - shrinky charms
Crazy Challenge- Fruitilicous
365-Blanket stitch

Hope you enjoyed my post today- have a great day!
Shelly
Thanks for stopping by! Shelly

30 comments:

Tess said...

Oh Wow! Just fabulous and so different. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday. Tess x

Christine said...

Hi Shelley, lovely to see a new face taking part in our challenges.
I love what you have made and it is perfect for the challenge this week at CD Sunday. Thanks for joining in with us and we hope to see your work again.
Christine xx

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors you picked. Great idea with the wine glass charms!! Love the shimmer!

Annie said...

oh my! this is total fabulousity!!!!

Juliet A said...

I love the card with all the fussy cutting and the blanket stitch border, but the wine charms are just too cute! That's a great tip with the little ruler, too!

starcyl said...

Oh wow these are just lovely, if I was given something like this on my glass I'd want to take it home with me.

So good to see you at CD Sunday and these are perfect for our challenge this week.

Jenny xx

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, what an awsesome card and those glass charms.....stunning! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

paige said...

Stunning card - love the colors! The wine charms are beautiful!
Terrific idea!

Anne said...

Wow great charms, fab idea! Love the card, is the "stitching" round the edge a stamp?

Anne
x

BarbaraW said...

What pretty charms. Such a clever idea and they look great with the CI paints.

Creative Inspirations said...

Very beautiful invite!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

ooh oooh oooh GORGEOUS!! Love all of your projects and you rock those colors!

Unknown said...

Love those cards and those trinkets........tfs

Renee said...

Just gorgeous!! So soft and so pretty...love it!

Alissa said...

UGH! I loooooooooove the way those paints look. To die for! And what a great idea with the charms! I'm always looking for wine charms. I never thought to make them myself. Thanks for sharing Shelly!!!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, the card and glass charms are gorgous!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

CarlaKH said...

Wow you are so creative! Love all your fabby creations!

Anne said...

Hi Shelly
I thought wow when I seen your card then I scrolled down..............
omg those wine charms are absolutely gorgeous, love them
Thanks for joining us this week on The Crazy challenge. Hopefully you'll join us again soon
Anne x

WeirdCat said...

Wow those charms are gorgeous, thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Lynda said...

Shelley, those charms and the card are absolutely beautiful. Love the look of the paints and the shimmer. Thanks...

having a {me} day said...

WOW!! What a fabulous invitation to receive! I also love the matching wine charms, what a great way of making them. keeleyxx

Pam said...

Very pretty card, and wow those are some beautiful charms!

Carrie said...

Beautiful projects Shelly. I love the jewelry. You do such a wonderful job with paints.

Tammy said...

Wow! Everything is beautiful. You always amaze me.

Chrissy D said...

These are SOOO cool! Love these! Thank you for joining us in the ODBDSLC!

Unknown said...

great job, thanks for playing along with the crazy team!!!
Trish

Art By Wanda said...

Your charms are fabulous!!!!