Friday, August 13, 2010

Bloggers Challenge-Birthday

This week, our Challenge Mom-Lisa- challenged us to a Birthday card.  I am away from my craft room this weekend, with a few supplies I grabbed before I left…I put together this card:
Bloggerschallengebd8132010
Here is a close-up
BloggerschallengeBDcloseup (2)
This was really hard to photograph!  I used Pale Plum cardstock, a piece of Polished Stone using Pale Plum and Plum and Faux Metal with a topping of Glimmer Mist Watercolor (from the Technique Junkies newsletter). The two purple layers have silver metallic ink sponged around the edges- it just does not show up well here at all.  There is also Pearl Glimmer Mist sprayed on the BG Plum CS.
Stamps-SU Dream Gardens and Happy Moments
I am visiting my parents this weekend- my Mother is a true artist- she teaches Porcelain painting and is active in a couple of guilds.  Here are some samples of her current projects:
A Vase
Mom'svaseelephant
And a plate with guilded gold
Momsgoldgildedflowerplate
and a picture on porcelain
Momsfishpicture
When she asks us what we want for Christmas, what do you think I ask for…..?   Yep…I want it all!
To see what Birthday projects the rest of the Bloggers Challenge Players have created, click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today and have a Blessed weekend!
Shelly

24 comments:

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Great card. This is a nice technique with the shimmer. It works well with the Japanese themed card. And wow - your mom is talented. How blessed are you to receive such beautiful gifts and to have those great artistic genes passed along!

Joanne Gilch said...

Your Mom's creations are mind blowing. How gorgeous is that elephant? Shelly, you do come by your talents naturally!!!

Clara said...

Lovely birthday card! Silver and pale plum look really nice together.

Lisa Bohler said...

With that technique and choice of color you've created an elegant card!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, I bet the shimmer is beatufiul IRL. Beautiful works of art by your mom!

Pat Huntoon said...

I can see where the oriental influence came from! Lovely things from your mom, and your card is great, too!

Terry said...

This is a beautiful card Shelly! Love the softness! Have a wonderful time with your mom, who is an incredible artist! Wow!

BarbaraW said...

Very pretty. I'll bet the shimmer is wonderful IRL.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is beautiful Shelly! Simple and elegant! You certainly can't go wrong with that! Your mother's work is so beautiful too! :D

Ida said...

Lovely card. Very serene and the shimmer is so pretty.
Your mom does fabulous work. Loved that vase.

paige said...

Beautiful card! Now we know where your talent comes from! your mom's creations are stunning!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your card is awesome! Beautifully created. Hugs, Gayle.

Nikki Bond said...

What a beautiful effect...love the soft muted colors too! {SMILES}

Rachel Hope said...

I love the soft Japanese feel!

JP Card Crazy said...

Great card!!! I love the shimmer and image. Your mom is truly talented...like my family...I have always kidded about how God gave them all such fantastic art genes and me he just gave the left overs!!! LOL You did get your moms artistic genes!

jimlynn said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! You created that beautiful card with just LIMITED supplies?? I probably couldn't have done that with ALOT of supplies! Just fabulous.
Your mom's creations are out of the world!!! I don't blame you..I'd want them all too. Fabulous.
Lynn

Juliet A said...

Wow! Your mom does amazing stuff - I see where you get your talent!

Chrissy D said...

What a PRETTY card - I can see the shimmer too! So lovely!

Basement Stamper said...

Great shimmer to the card.

Barbara said...

What a lovely card. The colors are wonderful together and the simplicity lends itself so well to that fabulous image! Your Mom's creations....well, I can definitely see why you would like to own them all. They are stunningly beautiful....each and every one!

Lori said...

Beautiful card! The image looks lovely on the polished stone panel.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv the Oriental theme, beautiful card, what a very talented Mom, beautiful work

grandmalee said...

The shimmer on this card is fabulous! Also love your mom's wonderful artwork! You two are truly blessed with such awesome talent!

Jeannie said...

Great card! Love the technique -- I have yet to try polished stone! TFS!