Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Challenge #5 Get your Motor Running: For National Sewing Month


I spent most of the day working on new shelving for my stamps down in my sewing room....sadly (for my family) my stamping supplies have overtaken my kitchen pantry..... So, I did not get to stamp. I wanted to post my Sweet dreamers challenge that is due today before I head out to a friends for the evening.

Well, a sewing machine does have a motor....and I thought since it is national Sewing Month it would be an appropriate theme for this card.

I made this with the Salt and Pepper technique from a Technique Junkies newsletter from June 2004. I crazy quilted and sewed the pieces with Sulky thread and different stitches on my sewing machine. I used all SU papers and a sewing machine from Embossing Arts, sentiment from a retired SU set from circa 1998.............
Colored with SU markers and Copics. The trim is Ric Rac in blue and pink intertwined.

I also set up a faux Infinity Board described on Keri Serika's blog- Thanks to Pamela from Firecracker Designs by Pamela for posting this link on her blog , and set up my Ott light for taking the picture. Since i am new to blogging, I am always looking for tips!

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Shelly

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Shelly, this is an EXCELLENT challenge card! How clever and so beautifully done. Blessings to you!

Juliet A said...

This is gorgeous - I can't even imagine how long it took to crazy-quilt that background, but it looks so luxurious!

paige said...

Your card is perfection down to the last detail!

Mary G. said...

Shelly- great card! I never would have thought about a sewing machine!! LOVE IT!

Heidi said...

Very nice, love the vintage card!
I personally choose my image, then my paper and then I have a little piece of paper to test my colors so they match up to my DSP.

Kathy said...

Shelly, so smart, I'd never have thought of the sewing machine motor. This card is fantastic, love the patchwork background and your coloring is great. Really beautiful card. You rocked this challenge.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE this card!!! and that faux infinity board is GREAT! i have been contemplating something like this myself cuz i hate that line but i didn't know such a thing actually EXISTS! i use a 3 sided science fair posterboard and was contemplating draping fabric over it and down onto the table........