Wednesday, September 16, 2009

MoJo Monday and It's the Season







It's the season for Cross Country! And, I needed to make some Thanks You cards for parents on the Cross Country team.... Last Saturday, my daughter suffered from Heat Exhaustion at a Cross Country meet. Other parents helped out tremendously to try to help her recover and get her home! I took her to the Emergency Room and she needed a couple of liters of IV fluid to bring her around. We had angels working double duty I tell you! I decided to make a card using the MoJo Monday Sketch, and a generic card as well. The cards are stamped with a technique junkies technique called Depth of Field. The school colors are orange and black.
My husband and both of my daughter's are runners- and it was when my older daughter Katie ran Cross Country and Track that I found Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I searched and searched
for Cross Country rubber stamps- and she has not one, but two sets of CC stamps in her store!
Finally, I am also attaching a Journal I made for my youngest for her second CC season (she played Soccer Freshman year before 'converting').




Thanks for stopping by! Your comments are greatly appreciated!
Shelly

9 comments:

Donna Moore said...

These cross country stamps certainly fit the sport perfectly! You did a wonderful job on your "thank yous", I know those receiving will be honored that you made these for them. I particularly like the journal, what a wonderful idea and gift to your daughter, something she will be able to keep forever, the best part is that Mom made it for her! Thanks for sharing this with us!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

OH wow! I love it! Great projects chick!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this card Shelly - that depth of field stamping is very cool and just perfect for those runners. I remember seeing that notebook as a DT entry, right? Now I realize how special it is - a big part of your life and how you found FCD, how cool! So glad your daughter is ok.

TesaB said...

Gorgeous projects, Shelly! The stamp set could not be more perfect!!! Good to hear that your daughter is doning fine now!

kc_froglady said...

What a great use of that stamp set! I love the card - a great sketch to work with for sure.

I think this would also qualify for the fall colors challenge :)

Heidi said...

great job on the sketch!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Glad DD is ok. Love the card with the mojo sketch....the way you have the runners lined up like they are in a race is way cool!

Kathy said...

So glad your daughter is OK. That sounds like a scary situation. Love the cards, those stamps are perfect for cross country!

Ursula said...

Great interpretation of the sketch, Shelly! Love the thank you card & journal! What special gifts they each are! :o)