Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marker Watercolor and Liquid Glitter!!!


I am on the Non-Demo side of the Late Night Stampers yahoo Group. The owner, Sherrill put out a challenge for a technique she developed with SU reinkers and a liquid medium, and it is applied like Polished Stone. So, I went about making a number of these backgrounds- this one was done with So Saffron and Apricot Appeal if my memory serves me correctly. I do not usually craft with too much yellow, but this begged for a flower and some Blue...... So, I used a Su set called Bloomin Beautiful- stamped in black ink on Shimmery White SU CS, and used the marker Watercolor technique.
To do this technique, you stamp you image with a permanent ink, and outline the darker color around the edge of the ink, then use a Aquapainter and move the ink to watercolor. You add lighter colors to accent as you move inward. I love the shimmer on this card- and it does not come off on your hands or get all over your work area like real glitter does.......
Thanks for looking!
Shelly

5 comments:

Heidi said...

you did a beautiful job on this one!

Cindy said...

What a very pretty card!! I really like that stamp, but I don't think I could do it justice, so have never bought it.

Vicki said...

Stunning card, Shelly! Awesome technique! Congrats on the design team! You will be a wonderful member of that team! Blessings to you!

Kathy said...

This is lovely! The sparkle is fantastic! Beautifully done.

Karli said...

wow! cool technique. I'm going to need to play soon :) TFS